Tom Mitchell

Officially nominated Hawks

The afl make this crap up as they go. They manufactured pick 3 for Frawley. If they want to help richmond, they will.
How did they "manufacture" pick #3 for Frawley? He was on a big, long term contract, relatively young and an AA player. 1st round compensation seems right, the only element that potentially made it over the top was Melbourne's ladder position.

If he’d left a contender and they’d got #15 based on ladder position nobody would have blinked twice.

Was that the same compo as what Hawks got for buddy? Did Geelong get 2 picks for GAJ or one?

Free Agency compensation is different to expansion clubs compensation.

True. But was the compo the same for buddy and Frawley?

Would have been the same if Melbourne and Hawthorn finished together on the ladder.

Which is where the system is flawed. There is no way Frawley is worth the same as Franklin either on the ground or in terms of the contract received which was my point to ants post.

At the end of the day “compensation pick” is the wrong name for it. It’s a “consolation pick” so clubs don’t lose a developed player for nothing at all. It’s not supposed to equal the value of the player that is leaving, just act as lubrication to make the fact you are being screwed in the ■■■■ a little bit less unpleasant.

Eventually clubs will get sick of being bumped down the draft order in years when they aren’t involved in FA deals and the AFL will scrap the idea of compo picks entirely.

Fark.

theyll get a 2nd round for that offer

Well, that’s it then. Case closed.

lol

The afl make this crap up as they go. They manufactured pick 3 for Frawley. If they want to help richmond, they will.
How did they "manufacture" pick #3 for Frawley? He was on a big, long term contract, relatively young and an AA player. 1st round compensation seems right, the only element that potentially made it over the top was Melbourne's ladder position.

If he’d left a contender and they’d got #15 based on ladder position nobody would have blinked twice.

Was that the same compo as what Hawks got for buddy? Did Geelong get 2 picks for GAJ or one?

Free Agency compensation is different to expansion clubs compensation.

True. But was the compo the same for buddy and Frawley?

Would have been the same if Melbourne and Hawthorn finished together on the ladder.

Which is where the system is flawed. There is no way Frawley is worth the same as Franklin either on the ground or in terms of the contract received which was my point to ants post.

Disagree. Hawthorn could lose Franklin and still win a flag. Melbourne losing Frawley was a hit to their best 22’s quality. Bottom teams losing key players hits way harder than top teams.

Saints offered pick 10 today. Will be interesting what hawks put on table. Expect him to head to hawks. At least that offer should keep hawks honest.

Saints offered pick 10 today. Will be interesting what hawks put on table. Expect him to head to hawks. At least that offer should keep hawks honest.

Saints still bitter about pick 5

The rumour I saw on Twitter (yes I know) tonight is the only did that because they want to drive up his trade price for the Hawks as revenge for the Hawks getting involved last year and driving up Carlisle’s price.

Ignore the fact that they were deliberately trying to low ball us last year and the only reason it had any bearing was because the Hawks were able to get Carlisle to publically say he was happy to go to them if ESS and St. Kilda couldn’t get a deal done.

JOM can still tell GC that he only wants to go to Hawthorn. Saints pick 10 means ■■■■ all if he doesn’t want to go there, Ala Judas

FK off St Kilda

So if Saints only offering pick 10, Hawthorn can surely get it done with 14 and a sweetener be it fringe player or additional pick (3nd rounder perhaps).

The rumour I saw on Twitter (yes I know) tonight is the only did that because they want to drive up his trade price for the Hawks as revenge for the Hawks getting involved last year and driving up Carlisle’s price.

Ignore the fact that they were deliberately trying to low ball us last year and the only reason it had any bearing was because the Hawks were able to get Carlisle to publically say he was happy to go to them if ESS and St. Kilda couldn’t get a deal done.

That Saints recruiter we all knew the name of 12 months ago but have now forgotten. You old dog you. Up to your old tricks.

So if Saints only offering pick 10, Hawthorn can surely get it done with 14 and a sweetener be it fringe player or additional pick (3nd rounder perhaps).

Maybe, if the swans were cunning they would get the player list from GC. I think 10 for Mitchell is unders. He is a deadset gun.

Swans have come out saying they only want picks. I think this and next years first is what they should expect.

Pick 14 and some later round pick swaps? Sydney must have been keen to let him go.

I’ve always had the impression Longmire doesn’t like him very much.

Would major lol if JOM to the Hawks deals falls through and we swoop. His relationship with the club doctor is what tipped the scales in Hawthorns favour in the end.

I've always had the impression Longmire doesn't like him very much.
Certainly made him earn his spot. Mitchell's offensive capability has never been in doubt, going the other way was the deficiency which he has appeared to have overcome. Good luck to Hawthorn. Mitchell will be an asset. C*nts.

I've always had the impression Longmire doesn't like him very much.

Some bloke called jake lloyd finished above him in the b&f.

From our point of view - at least he won’t be able to learn off S Mitchell

Broken leg, done for season.