Tom Mitchell

Yeah he’ll help. Still a pretty weak midfield though.

Why?

Their fwd line was still very effective as is last year. He is coming across with a view to be playing more midfield as per Smith to us.

How is your boy going @Hambo?

1 Like

Uncomplicated breaks (not compound, not at the joint, no gangrene, no compartment syndrome) are just about the best major injury to have.
Recovery is a lot shorter, consistent and (typically) simpler than the equivalent muscle or ligament injury.

Jeez, feel terrible for the bloke. I hope it doesn’t permanently derail his career and he gets better.

4 Likes

I thought he played some brilliant footy at the suns.

1 Like

Screw hawthorn

2 Likes

He’s good now, riding bikes and sailing off to the south seas with some friends in a couple of days. Lucky ■■■■■■■.

4 Likes

Well they still have Ploppy Plopplopulo.

3 Likes

Wingard can get farct

Mitchell, I can feel for.

FTFY :wink:

I wonder if its in any way similar to Nathan Brown’s broken leg. He never really recovered fully. Such a shame that the reigning brownlow medallist can’t be on the field this year & I wish him personally every bit of luck with the recovery. As for Hawthorn fans they can eat a big sack of penile flavoured lollypops.

6 Likes

Yep. Bluddy tough break for the bloke. Wouldn’t wish that injury on any player (currently playing) … :smirk:
Sounds virtually identical to Nathan Browns injury, … and he was never the same. so best of luck getting back to form. He’ll certainly need it.

These sort of injuries trigger terrible flashbacks, specifically Michael Long. Played the greatest final series of all time in 93, unstoppable, arguably our best player in all 4 finals, including the one we lost, had hit a peak few if any have achieved, and then did his knee in the pre-season and missed all of 94. Maybe cost us a premiership. Terrible time.
Never ever rejoice over injury, not matter who!
Karma is a fickle mistress.

6 Likes

With the amount of possessions Mitchell gets it’s probably the equivalent of us losing both!

Unfortunately the four years of toture I received immediately after the saga was announced has left me with little compassion for other sides.

Everyone was celebrating over that whole situation even though it was clearly affecting the mental health of players and potentially their health.

I mean they didn’t even relent when James was going through his darkest period.

I was that solemn about the whole situation that I actually lost all passion and walked away from the game for a couple of years.

Even now some of my mates still bring it up and it was 6 years ago.

Some like Nathan Buckley and a few others I have respect for but the whole industry had absolutely little compassion for anyone involved with the club.

Fark them all I say.

32 Likes

Purchased a lot of risk with Scully and O’Meara based on their experience with Silk Burgoyne

Chickens come home to roost eventually

3 Likes

Are you serious??? Just checking. Yes or no will do.

1 Like

Yes

Enjoy your schadenfreude, it’s a taste I have no wish to acquire.

3 Likes