Tom Sheridan

We’re talking about a DFA indtead of pick 90. If you think you can get someone you could use that year, I think you go for it, regardless of circumstances.

Good call on the trade though.
I know we had some mild interest in Sheridan a few years back. Probably 2013 or 2014 and we’ve seen a lot more of him since then.

2 Likes

Do you rate him?

Don’t underestimate the Lyon factor at play. Would definitely take him as a rookie or DFA as depth for the wing role. Could see him being exactly the sort of player to flourish in a professional environment such as ours. Cant see us taking him though.

1 Like

8 Likes

he’s definitely better than Long.

1 Like

I don’t reckon those gags have aged all that well…

It’s hard to interpret from that if you rate him or not. :smile:

2 Likes

For the next week all my responses or observations can be interpreted through British comedy imagery. Starting now;

1 Like

I agree on Ridley and or Redman eventually playing on a wing. But as you said they need to develop into that role. Sheridan would allow them time to develop in that role in the vfl.

If one of our wingers gets injured Sheridan is ready to go now.

1 Like

18 year olds only please

1 Like

There are a few who are pushing this view on Blitz. I don’t really understand why. I don’t think there is a single position in our best 22 where we have someone over 28 and we don’t have a replacement in the wings (Zerk/Francis for Hooker/Hurley, Draper for Belly, Begs for Bags). We could keep most of this side together for 5 years. Surely we focus on quality and needs right now over an arbitrary age qualification?

7 Likes

Just seems to be keeping up appearances, so don’t tip of bouquet over him”

1 Like

Absolutely right, if they are good enough, you select them on merret no age. I think mature age players from 21 to 23 are far to often overlooked.

They have already been tested against men and have had time to grow up and live in the real world.

We aren’t interested otherwise he’d have been part of colyer deal

…or we are just waiting to see who else becomes available. Sounds like he is not going to be the hottest property available, so no reason to commit now.

There is also a free agency period after the ND and before the rookie draft. We might see who we were able to get, and then take him (or another DFA).

We only need to use 2 ND picks at the moment, as Smack being promoted counted as one of our three required picks.

Totally agree.

First round 18 yo would be good to bring in, but we don’t have these picks.

I’m struggling to see houlihan, Mynott, Mutch, Clark and Zerk getting much game time next year. Just adding young blokes to the list is unlikely to improve our first team. New young recruits Realistically won’t be on the list in 5 years to provide any succession planning either.

A big advantage of bringing in older players is they create immediate depth and with mature bodies will be better at training too.

We desperately need a winger who runs hard both ways and can kick a goal. Whether Sherriden is that person I have no idea.

1 Like

Ok Jake

4 Likes

Harvs is a big fan of Tommy. Vic boy…

Partington just got delisted from WC. I remember reading a lot about him in his draft year.

1 Like