Tom Sheridan

Here is the thing, Blitzers write a player off who hasn’t performed at their current club. They are dismissed out of hand, ignoring the very possibility that a move to Essendon would rekindle the fire in the belly for many players right now, simply because we have become the place to be, and we are still developing our reputation, as a club that knows how to get the best out of other players.

l don’t know a thing about Sheridan, but he is one of many l reckon that would flourish at EFC. Whether or not others would improve more or less than him is the issue. Dodoro will have done his homework regarding him and everybody else that has been delisted. If we pick him up, which is doubtful, but not impossible, l would expect him to improve significantly. Heck, he might even flourish!

2 Likes

I probably disagree on this one. Zaka can play outside, so can Mcgrath, Zerrett, McKenna, even Tippa, Fantasia, Long and Smith if we start getting desperate, and i suspect that might be where we were planning for Houlahan to end up in the long run too. Agree it’s probably the next position we need to look to fill (jeez Martin would have been nice) but I don’t think it’s going to cause us any serious problems in 2019,

Swing for the fences. Take a bunch of high-risk high-reward kids at the draft. 25yo Tom Sheridan seems unlikely to be the difference between winning and losing games in 2019, much less 2022.

11 Likes

I think thats a very reasonable argument and if we felt there was some real upside guys, cool. But in terms depth across the pitch both outside runners and small forwards are the areas we really lack in. If we had injuries to both areas of our squad that would hamper us significantly, imo. Colyer played a fair bit of footy last year, Long also played a couple of games. If we were a small forward down you couldnt bring Fantasia or Tippa up to the ball and we haven’t seen Mckenna on the wing.
I haven’t seen enough of Sheridan to have an opinion on his value to our side. But I think the addition of guys like Ambrose, Hartley, Brown, Mckernan, have made us a more competitive side and have been very positive for our list. And if we could have similar success with a mature outside running player or a small forward I think it would be a prudent investment.

4 Likes

Well I’m sold.

1 Like

I’m not sold on him, but more on the process. With SSSS now on the list, higher standards of performance will be demanded, and higher standards will be met.

1 Like

Huh?

How do you spell which Ricky, you fking nonce?

8 Likes

A witch? Then he should be casting spells rather than getting one.

To be fair, it’s not exactly the only word he seems to struggle with

Can anybody tell me witch ones he got write during the hole trade period?

15 Likes

I’m pretty sure he got them all right. At some stage he tweeted each possible scenario.

3 Likes

Yeah he’s not the brightest spark. Considering he is using texting grammar most of the time he could have just not written “witch is” and “witch are” and the tweet would have remained as equally (il)legible.

Knot the answer fairybread was hoping four.

4 Likes

Sorry…corrected now…is this better?

2 Likes

He turned me into a newt.

3 Likes

So according to Ricky Nixon we’re interested in Sheridan, Kieran Collins and Dean Towers. And as with all Ricky Nixon tweets… I’ll believe it when they train with club/release official statement.
Collins is interesting. Highly rated in his draft year, but just hasn’t made an impact yet. Seems like another guy that needs to go back to the VFL and dominate and get that confidence back.

Why not Brown on the wing? He has pace, smarts, tank, height, agility, accuracy, and serious competition for a role in the forward and back lines where we’ve kind of stationed him in the past. Put him on a wing and give Stewart another crack up front in lieu of an unlikely first half of the season Daniher. Why couldn’t Brown be our Smith/Gunston?

10 Likes

Earned Badge