Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

When the Dogs get little Libba back and move Bont back to mids, would Wallis even get a game there?

You don’t overlook elite All-Australian superstars because we want to give the kids an opportunity.

We need to do whats best for the club. They’ll get their opportunity, but they need to work harder to get there.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken Dogs have put a contract in front of Wallis weather he signs it I’m not usure.

No arguments here, just that those players may want to go to a club where they are guaranteed gametime

1 Like

Need to win a flag while we still have Hooker,Hurley,Zaka etc happy for us to trade again our list profile is at a stage where we don’t need to invest heavly into the draft imo

2 Likes

you could get the best midfielder around, but if you still surround him with people like myers, goddard, zaka hepp (granted he has to stay) coyler etc etc then all you are doing is shuffling deckchairs.

If you introduce them with the right mix, well then yes anything is possible. but one player doesn’t magically make those listed above better, or cover any of the short comings that the team has, as a whole.

8 Likes

It may well be, but we are all wanting success now and Beams is Elite, and has a few years of being an Elite player left.
If he is gettable, we get him
Same with Shiel

You are right we should wait until we have 21 All Australians in the side and just need to add one more to complete the set.

Like all the previous grand final winning sides had.

3 Likes

Depends if he has a sunny outlook that day or not…

3 Likes

I don’t know your sources, but I have my own and they are rock solid. Can confirm jackets is gunning for him.

10 Likes

We ruled ourselves out of going after Sloane because he was outside our target age bracket, what makes anyone think we will act differently when it comes to beams?

1 Like

Did we actually rule ourselves out? I thought that was just some people making excuses for why weren’t going to get him.

If Beams is genuinely on the move regardless then we’d be silly not to consider it. Him ending up at a rival doesn’t help our cause either unless its a club thats not going to be challenging us for a finals spot in 2019. If we’d made finals this year & hence were genuinely close, adding Beams would look a no brainer but maybe we aren’t as close as we hope and trying to top up at the cost of top picks in this draft may be a disaster short & long term. I’m genuinely torn on this one.

1 Like

Finally some tattoo sleeves in black and red

4 Likes

Tony Antrobus is the closest we’ve come. It would finally put to rest the “good Essendon people” mantra.

1 Like

Contested/Uncontested Numbers Per Game in 2018

Shiel 9.1/16.2
Wallis 10.9/10.9
Beams 10.6/18.2
Lyons 14.1/9.9

BRING
HIM
IN

2 Likes

The only tip you’ll get from me is the tip of me tongue

Myers or shiel??? Hmmmmm…

Realistically Brisbane will ask for someone like Parish in exchange for Beams and GWS will ask for Hurley and next year’s first for Shiel.
Neither will come cheap.