Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

They could have at least chosen a better picture of Beams

Maybe the club doesn’t want to be associated & used to drive up his price, both in $$$ & draft terms.

I think it’s a good thing but they wouldn’t want to back flip after something like this.

1 Like

Why? If we are not pursuing him why not make him look as silly as possible? Might as well get some laughs.

But if one was baseless but getting in the way of other discussions you wish to advance …

7 Likes

Yeah that was my thought. Deny this so managers don’t think your salary cap is going to be tied up.

But you would think Dodorro can just tell player managers that.

But as usual best not to analyse things to death.

HE’S COMING TO ESSENDON

1 Like

Does not compute.

3 Likes

Message to the Shiel camp.

Are you saying the club doesn’t know how to use computers?

FMD no wonder we are hopeless and haven’t won a final in 15 years. Sack everyone and put in some ruthless people. This is the last straw!!

Does Connors manage both of them?

2 Likes

Club responds to Beams speculation

Essendon Football Club wishes to clarify media reports relating to Brisbane Lions midfielder Dayne Beams.

The club has not made any contact with Beams, his management or the Brisbane Lions about a trade to Essendon.

Essendon GM of List and Recruiting Adrian Dodoro confirmed the recent reports were incorrect.

“As we do every year, as a club, we will look to improve our list via the trade, free agency and draft periods,” Dodoro said on Thursday.

“Dayne Beams is obviously a quality player and person, but he is not someone we are actively pursuing and we have not approached him or his management about returning to Melbourne.”

yes

Get Shiel done first.

Then see what else can be shaken out of tree.

2 Likes

For those suggesting we trade away all first rounders for 2018 and 2019, please stop.

We cannot do it within the rules.

You’re just signalling that you don’t have a clue.

“We are NOT chasing Beams. Hey, look over there”

runs off and chases Beams

2 Likes

I thought you couldn’t trade 2 consecutive future years? Last year we traded a current year so this year we can trade a future first?

Tell everyone you’re sharing Beams, swoop in and get shiel.

Just out of curiosity, where has this talk about Shiel come from? Has something been posted on here about it? All I read was that we are one of about 6 clubs (most likely 16) looking at him

What about next years 1st?

Then we finish top 4 and it’s like pick 14-20?