Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Pink kicked a huge 70m behind to win a GF for Glenelg.

Constable. Do we get many X Sandringham players?

I think we’ll just miss out on Beams and Shiel.
We’ll end up settling for Claye Beams and Liam Shiels.
We’ll probably miss out on Wallis as well and settle with Robert Walls as an assistant coach.

No inside info on the above though.

9 Likes

100% worth chasing bloke is a gun

FWIW I think Wallis will stay at Dogs. Another free agent is a possibility though.

2 Likes

Lyons and Hall are not players that Dew will play unless they adapt. He wants all mids to be accountable and has implored that since day 1. Barlow, whilst older, is also a bit of a casualty here. He could arguably win more games by playing them but is true to his word and teaching the younger mids that if there is a lack of two way running he doesn’t care how often you get the ball.
If coaches put out strong non negotiable messages and players don’t adapt they have to be strong at selection and Dew is.

1 Like

Big fish? Small fish?

Dahlhaus

Geelong are all over him

1 Like

There is not many left that realistically would suit us / worth chasing

Gaff & Dahlhouse are it IMO

1 Like

Yeah Boot said that a few posts ago. (without narrowing it down to inside mid.)

Yeah but it bounced about 30m because the opposition didn’t man the goal line, I guess they didn’t think he would make it. Silly play made him look like a star. From what I’ve seen of him live, he doesn’t do enough good things. He just kind of blends in and let’s his better team mates do the hard stuff.

Ranked as a elite for Behinds. Perfect.

2 Likes

A lot of chatter about Brad Hill wanting away from Freo, Odd one as he was hellbent on leaving the Hawks for Perth 2 years ago, Ross Lyon boring footy the issue?

Would suit our footy perfectly, Fast elite runner fantastic skills.

If any truth Hawks are the obvious choice but we should try.

As if he wouldn’t just go to WC as Gaff replacement

He is from WA and family all there

The story is he wants back to Melbourne. No idea why.

Agree with @Milanista28 that if he was gettable by anyone other than Hawthorn, we should try. Hawks got #22 or so for him, but he’s won a B&F since. Maybe our 2019 second?

2 Likes

I’ve just had someone tell me Pies are meant to be into a gun mid

Given Wells project has failed wouldn’t surprise if it’s them wanting that outside class and footskills

How they fit Lynch in firstly cap wise and then another mid who knows.

But yes Hawks you’d think he wouldn’t have any beef with so could end up there again.

Brad Hill would fit them well, they have the inside covered for the foreseeable future, Brad Hill would work well with Sidebottom on the outside. Wouldn’t cost a lot of $$ so it could possible for them to bring both Lynch and Hill in.

If Hill does leave, Freo might be more inclined to take Ian Hill with their 1st pick - who is basically a classier version of Brad.

Think we will see the pies have a bit of a clearance sale. There’s LOTS of talk about Darcy Moore. Contract on the table since January but no dice as yet. Fasolo, Elliott etc. they’re an interesting watch this trade season IMO.

1 Like

Fasolo from WA also

Pies have to be kiddin’ with Moore, their kpd stocks taken hit with Dunn doing ACL already and Reid eternally injured.