Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Anyone else thinking of what Wingard could produce on Anzac Day.

3 Likes

Myers was our highest (by average) clearance player this year, at 4.88, (Heppell 4.86). In the last 12 games playing more midfield Wingard averaged more clearances per game 5

1 Like

Even better … the indigenous round game.

1 Like

This is pretty much a Smith situation

Gets played fwd a lot. Wants to play mid moreso.

Undervalued at current club at present

He’s a bit of a kn0b but so was/is Stringer

If the price is right bring him in

_

We are due to fark Port over

15 Likes

Want. Shiel, Wingard

They went 6-6, he had no impact although his output increased. That’s the negative.

Edit- you can blame the team, I don’t think we’d pay overs for him. He’s not going to change games individually, he’s not at that level.

Outplayed Wines and Gray in last 3 months.

Isn’t a downhill skiier

And that is a negative???

1 Like

Unless they’d have gone 4-8 without him

1 Like

Wingard would be a gun at Essendon.

Down hill skier and getting touches in a losing team are the same. No influence.

If this is your assessment of Wingard you either haven’t watched him or don’t watch football good.

Patty Cripps must not influence games either hey…

4 Likes

I have learned a new word today, and it’s instantly one of my favourites. Thank you.

4 Likes

I watch enough to know he’s inconsistent and doesn’t impact enough to be a top 5 player at our club. He’s a different sized Stringer.
I think Dodo will offer what he’s worth and won’t go over the top to bring him in.

You’ve gone from “no influence” to “not a top 5 player”…

That’s a fair change in stance.

Look at Wingard as an upgrade on Green and tell me you wouldn’t want him. Fuuaark

4 Likes

Simmo clearly younger than I’d assumed

2 Likes

Don’t be potting Stringer

2 Likes

Nah, you’re describing the media’s system.

1 Like

Wingard kicks the ball beautifully, worth looking at just for his skill.

If we still have pick #8 and Gaff nominates us, I bet WCE match. If Gaff does nominate us, we need to have traded #8 out already for something if we want to maximise the freebie we get via FA.

3 Likes