Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

but do you reckon theyd even be entertaining him not being at the club if they had ample money to offer him? or are his off field issues/ cooked body enough that theyd push him out?

Surely if Shiel and partner are settled in Syd he’d be it. Hannebury $800k out goes close to it.

Plus Moore to give Buddy a side kick

1 Like

Hannebery has 3 years to go in contract. He’s not asking for more money he allready has it.

2 Likes

Shiel… just watch.

1 Like

I don’t think they’ve even attempted to disguise it?

Their AA team this year was a real hoot.

I had over 600 unread posts in this thread in a couple of days.

… Who we getting?

Shieldguard!

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Gaff.
Hannebery saves $800k, Tippett off the books at $700-800k, Rohan maybe $300k.
Even allowing for the Buddy increase plus Moore that still gives them some wiggle room. Wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Acres or Armitage was used in The Hannebery deal.

1 Like

Acres and a pick swaps is doing the rounds…

Melbourne > Sydney as city to live

Hawthorn and Sydney are two of the best at getting --it done. Hopefully we’re all after a different player.

I’d take Wingard easily. He can find the ball, gets clearances and his tackling is pretty good. His numbers this year from round 12 onwards are impressive.

2 Likes

I don’t particularly want Wingard as such, but if it happens, I hope we ‘HOODWINK’ you again Koch you utter ■■■■

We have picks 34 & 62, that should more than suffice.

Why would Gaff go to Sydney when his family is in Melb & father has current health issues?

No chance IMO

Swans do need outside run but will have to come from other players.

Shiel to Sydney makes sense
Replaces Kennedy on the inside.

Not sure what they have to offer trade wise - picks from Lloyd, Hanneberry, Rohan plus next years.
Keep in mind they need to keep points for Blakey.

Why would Sheil go to Sydney?

If he is forced out of GWS for salary cap space, but wants to stay in Sydney with GF as she doesnt want to leave etc.

If Port came looking for any of our South Australians, I’d tell them to get nicked.

But then again, South Aus is the new West Aus. We’ve got Myers, Colyer and Guelfi from there.

2 things. Koch said everybody was on the trade table & I’d love to screw over port.

I’d go from Chad Whingehard to having his number on my jumper

1 Like

Yeah I understand his numbers are quite good and don’t get me wrong I love him as a player but I’m more we need more strength, brutality and explosiveness around the contest (cough) Shiel (cough) Parker