Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

MULTICLUB
E
G
A
D
E
A
L

24 Likes

I wouldn’t be 100% sold on the idea that Luke Parker is ‘going nowhere’. As far as I’m aware he hasn’t come out and directly said anything about it. Sydney are clearly in a position where they don’t want to gut their leadership group in one off season, so their inclination is always to say ‘no way. he’s ours’. But despite that, there was a lot of smoke that came up last week and it came from somewhere… I’m not saying he WILL be traded because Sydney has every right to ask the world for him even if he does want to go. Just that there must be some truth to the rumours that he is willing to talk to other clubs.

Waits for the “secured” player to be Tom Nicholls or some other player that

1. No one wants, and
  2. No one has even thought about.

Can we get Coniglio please

26 Likes

Polec came out and said that at no stage did Port come to the table to deal with a better offer.

“I wasn’t expecting them to match the offer or anything like that. They never actually came to the table on that. I weighed up my options and decided to go with North. Five years.

“I wasn’t filthy, I was disappointed. It was the first time I’ve been out of contract in that final year so it’s the first time going through that situation for myself.

“I was keen to get a contract done early but it was held off due to my foot and just seeing how I was playing throughout the year. As most players would be, if you want to stay at a club you’d like for them to show a bit of faith in you.”

8 Likes

Got to say sheil has played very well, since I heard he is a possible, watched him hard. Cerisnily someone we would love to get

1 Like

Gun

5 Likes

Forget Shiel. I’m on the Cognilio train

8 Likes

Imagine what we could do to his goal kicking, he’d be spraying them everywhere after his first 6 months

4 Likes

Let’s just pick good players and fantasise about getting them everybody

1 Like

The story I was told came via his management and apparently Polec and his manager went to Port in April regarding extending his contract and asked for 3 years at $x. At the time Port said they would wait until mid year to see if his form or body warranted it. Polec’s manager was quite miffed at it and put the feelers out to other clubs. He received better offers from 4 other clubs but wanted to stay loyal to Port. They kept querying Port until June and still got no answer. Polec continued playing good footy and finally towards the end of July, Port came back to his manager and said they had agreed to the initial deal to which his manager said that was the old price and he has been offered $xx but he would stay at Port for the original amount but with an extra year. Port flat out refused and wouldn’t even budge on just the one extra year. The rest is history

15 Likes

Why wouldn’t Ace then ask the obvious follow up question?

He was basically their best player, that’s just bizarre.

Yeah, he probably wins their B&F.
I guess as a club though I can understand them early on in the season having reservations. He had been droppedto the reserves last year and came into the season with a pretty bad navicular problem so they wanted to see how it panned out. They still have reservations on his foot and wouldn’t budge on the extra year as some at the club are unsure he will still be playing in 4 years. Only trains once a week still now due to it and is usually in some pain until early in the week.
Would be hilarious if the hard surface at Etihad made it flare up and Norf got stuck paying out his wage

3 Likes

What the ■■■■ was that by Darcy…”degoeeeeeeeeeeEeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY”

7 Likes

Yeah I guess but still a strange decision considering how badly they have gone in the midfield.

Shiel would be Fkg perfect in our side. Clean hands in the packs, burst away from stoppage, great vision although does give the ball a bit of air on the kicks. Would be a great get.

2 Likes

Sheild is really a one way runner lol.

1 Like

Although I’ve said I’d love Coniglio, it’d be party central if we got Shiel.
It would be awesome

The only reason we could get Shiel would be so they could retain the likes of Coniglio but yes, I agree, Coniglio is a gun.

2 Likes