Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Shiel, Coniglio, Kelly, Setterfield, Scully, Toranto, Whitfield
I’d be stoked with any one of them

4 Likes

tjpihht Whitfield looked ok tonight, covered a bit of territory, maybe not the best defender, but able to rebound well.

Now that GWS have been booted from finals we can get onto some answers and the naming of names

3 Likes

Cognelio crying after the game.

He’s coming home to bomberland.

19 Likes

GWS out of finals. Do we have Shiel now?

I’d rather he was celebrating that.

8 Likes

ANNOUNCE SHIEL

6 Likes

I’d rather Whitfield or Scully.

4 Likes

I suspect that GWS probably wouldn’t mind offloading 2 players to us, but that if they do, it’ll be an Aylett type ‘steak knives’ arrangement. Player A, who is the one that we actually want, plus player B, who is the one that we don’t particularly want but who they need out of their salary cap so they’re insisting we take as a condition of trading player A to us.

So in that case, IF player A is a Shiel-calibre player, I’d suspect player B is a bloke who’s contracted and been around a few years so is on decent coin, but who probably isn’t one of their top-liners. Not someone like Setterfield who would still only be on relatively moderate $ cos of his age.

6 Likes

hope not

I hope shiel is player “B”

13 Likes

Probably not the best game to display his talents! Coniglio though.

1 Like

Welcome to Essendon Dylan Shiel and Dylan Buckley

5 Likes

Love DD’s

5 Likes

So we’ve delisted 3, looking to trade 1-2, that means 2 more players are required to be cut as we need to draft a minimum of 3.
I’m seeing it as one star and the other is either also a star, a young prospect or midfield depth.

I think elevating Smack to the senior list counts as one of the three draft picks we need to make.

EssenDDon?

Or ESSSenDDon?

1 Like

I would actually say no to Sheil if we had to take Buckley as well.

18 Likes

Wrong D, as if Buckley is on anything. Try Deledio.

1 Like

Interesting if that’s the case wasn’t aware of that, still means one more. Brown, Hartley, Luey, Dea or Long.