Trade Period Review

Massive positive in keeping Joe and Raz to have a massive crack at 2020. Whatever happens, the club thinks our time is now, so lid off and all that.

I reckon Phillips will be a very important pick up. Massive chance to play round 1 when. Bellchambers labours through preseason with a dodgy calf or some such injury. If he can be competitive and enthusiastic and have a real crack every week he can make a big difference.

Cutler looks like he has some qualities, so hopefully makes an impact.

I assume we’re just using the 2 second round picks in the draft, and upgrading Draper. Probably means there still needs to be a delisting or 2. There’s a couple of obvious candidates.

Overall I think our list has improved, so if we can get a fully fit list of reckon we can be amongst it.

2 Likes

Mrs Dodoro: “Hey, Adrian dear, how did trade week go?”

Jackets: “Great, best trade week ever”

Mrs Dodoro: Oh, what did you do?"

Jackets: “Nothing”

5 Likes

Three things Dodoro wanted from trade period when interviewed prior:

1. Retain list :white_check_mark:
  2. add another midfielder :white_check_mark:
  3. add another ruckman :white_check_mark:

I’d call that an unequivocal success.

19 Likes

Not sure why we didn’t have a closer look at Josh Jenkins? Is he really that cooked?

1 Like

No spot for him.

We need a decent tap ruckman to win some clearances.

This is the first & only time Essendon supporters are celebrating that we had a quiet trade period.

4 Likes

Because we’d already decided we wouldn’t be trading Joe, i’d guess.

I will be a little shattered for a while that old Joe is unhappy.

Find some love in Melbourne Big Joe!

Can we get that attitude through to our players and use it through out the entire year? Solid Ruckmen, Hold firm, Refuse to be push overs.
Will almost make some fans believers.

So are you going to root Cutlets missus or do you want me to do it ?

4 Likes

We still picked up 2 players - thats not quiet compared to most years.

I missed this - what happened there?

Don’t forget the upgrade of the pick in the 30s.

2 Likes

We need the forwards to move correctly to take advantage of this.

Hitting targets and players moving correctly to be a genuine target has to be a priority of pre-season.

1 Like

Dev improves our midfield straight away but I still think our midfield is too slow. Hopefully we can come up with a new game plan to accommodate this. Everyone here keeps talking about forwards leading up to the ball carrier. Will it happen? Will we keep kicking it high and long to Tippa? So much to do, so much to look forward to.
When does preseason start? Can’t wait for training/weather reports!

1 Like

Best part of the trade period was remembering how awesome Brendon Goddard is. He needs a role at the club ASAP

17 Likes

It’s because we didn’t lose 2 big fish.

Our wings this year were primarily Guelfi and Zaha. IMO two of our weakest spots and we don’t really have an excuse with injury there.
Cutler is a zillion times better than Guelfi, and probably pushes Zaha too. For what we paid, a really good acquisition.

Nobody really rated Ricky Henderson when the Hawks got him, he’s barely missed a game in 3 years…

2 Likes

Beside Heppell how is our midfield slow?

2 Likes
  1. Fark Carlton. :white_check_mark:
5 Likes