Trade scenarios to land Stringer, post Saad and Smith?

All 3 of these guys are proven good AFL players. Draft picks are unproven as even adequate AFL players, just trade them out and use late picks for a year. Our team have a good record of finding decent players late in the draft and rookie draft anyway.

Base Deal:
Essendon - 11 and 47 for Stringer and 26
26 for Smith
28 for Saad

Willing to part with 2018 2nd rounder and Trav Colyer to add some extra value if necessary in a certain set of circumstances

If I had to guess what Dons are trying to do, think Dodo wants;
Pick 11 for Saad and 19(GC want to give back 22)
Pick 19 for Stringer
Then for Devon -
Pick 28 (+?) for Smith - (can’t see GWS taking that deal, shame we still don’t have some battler types like Nick Kommer to offload) - thinking 2018 pick might need to be involved.

Forget Stringer.

Give 11 & 4th rounder for Saad and 22
Give 22 for Smith
done

Could this work…

Pick 11 for Saad and 22
22 + (Francis Pick) to WC for 13 + 49
13 to WB for Stringer (and maybe pick 40)
28 + Next Years 2nd Round to GWS for Smith

Edited based on feedback…

1 Like

that could work

Eagles wouldnt give up 13 for Colyer. and 22.

I Think they would

I think the top-up stage has passed for Eagles and they need to go to the draft.

Getting in Colyer is not going to improve their position so I personally would be taking the best possible pick to the draft.

1 Like

And that is what they have been saying publicly too.

1 Like

Dogs In - pick 11
Dogs Out - Stringer & Honechurch

GWS In - Honeychurch & pick 28
GWS Out- Smith

Essendon Out - Pick 11 & 28
Essendon In - Stringer & Smith

2 Likes

Cool. Lets see how he goes next year. TBH, I hope I am right. We really need quality players to go into the midfield.

Im loving this !

1 Like

WC would never do that.

Yeah, I’m confident he will be a good player for us.

21 Likes

Looks like every trade for every club is looking problematic…

People saying they dont want or rate stringer or he should be our last priority are going to look very silly when he is tearing games of footy up for us next year.

3 Likes

GC Saad & 19 for:

EFC 11 & … future 4th or 66 or future 3rd or 47

It doesn’t really matter what sweetener of those IMO, we get GC to hand over 19 and that’s all we need. This is why we negotiating with them first.

No one else is going to give GC as high a pick for Saad as us either so it will get done eventually.

Saad gets locked in. Then we have both Dogs and GWS where we need them with 19 & 28. And in particular can sit back & watch Dogs lose the plot.

1 Like

Most important objective for us is to be seen as a destination club for the now and ongoing, where players are queuing up to get there and where clubs talk to us first. We don’t want to make out like bandits either as that will undermine our perceived trading reputation.
Yes, I would trade this years and next years round 1 pick to make SSS happen. Hopefully get some round 2 picks in change. Take a risk Jackets, it time! Get to the chopper !

2 Likes

Pick 11 for 22+Saad

22 Smith

2018 first Stringer.

Done.

4 Likes