Trade Targets

Trade whisperer reckons his Dees contact says Salem won’t be traded but Jack Watts getting enquiries

I like the idea of Nicholls.
Good age.
But his injuries would have to be a worry, he’s never really had a good run at it…
I feel like other clubs would offer GC more for him.

Hall would be a good get. Can be soft at times but he’s fast, skilled and kicks goals.
What’s Kennedy like? I haven’t seen that much of him to be honest?

I want Hall.

Yes he has his up and down form. But GC have been rubbish and also he’s more of an outside type player so that comes into it.

Colyer has been pathetic as an outside mid. Hall is a serious ball winner, and well rounded player defensively/ over head / pace / kicks goals etc

5 Likes

I’m not convinced he’ll be any good. Hope we take McLuggage

■■■■, imagine the blitz outcry if Jack farking Watts landed at Essington!!!

Would be thrilled. Can play.

7 Likes

I’d take home for a third round pick

Take all the baggage out of pick 1. He actually is a good player.

And whoever gets him won’t have spent pick 1 on him. Will be a good get.

Watts at his best is a quality player, the issue is the gap between his best and worst. I’d back nearly any other club to be better at working on that than Melbourne.

Toby Greene. Whatever it takes. Get in his ear. ‘Play for the Club you loved as a kid. Drive us to our 17th flag’. Out of contract at the end of 2018.

9 Likes

Extremely talented player in an extremely flimsy body.

Here’s a thought can we at least pick up a 1 mean mother ■■■■■■ with tatts that takes no ■■■■ from nobody. We need someone to fill that position.

A bit late Chopper Reid died in 2013.

1 Like

Aside from stringer and the midfield, we are also in the market for a rebounding hbf to help release McGrath.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear us linked to any of saad, Mckenzie or mullet.

2 Likes

Saad only out of that list.

10 Likes

It would be interesting to know the full story with McKenzie & what they might actually expect in trade. Has it just been injuries, is he not happy at GC or is there off-field issues? There’s no doubt he was trending towards a very good player but now its 14 games in 2 year with the only decent ones being against us (of course). Upside is there & his best is what we need off the HBF but you’d want to understand exactly where he’s at & even then not give up much to get him. Saad on the surface looks a much better prospect but I think GC will expect a much higher price. I’d be going through the entire GC list with a fine tooth comb. There’s talent there but the club haven’t got their shyte together yet & with no coach & the captain already as good as gone you’d have to suspect there would be plenty considering a future elsewhere.

1 Like

I’ve not seen a mckenzie game where he waited for the easy ball from a teammate then blindly kicked it 60m forward.

Tim Watson said as much on SEN a while back, but he was specific about a running left footer off HB.

I reckon mullett can play. What happened to him?