Trade Targets

Saad would be a great get.
Between Saad and McKenna we’d have the most run from half back in the league.

Saad is contracted for 2018 & wants to go to FC. McKenzie is OOC as is Shaw & Lonergan but I suspect there’ll be quite a few Suns OOC while they wait for results of review & appoint a coach. Think Ashcroft is still under some heat to retain his job.

1 Like

Mullett has fallen victim to Scott’s revolving door policy on hbfers over the last two or three years.
He’s not the only one.
Can certainly find the ball, but I’m not sure he’s that damaging with his disposal.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see his photo in the dictionary next to the word ‘list-clogger’ now.

2 Likes

Saad plays for the Suns, not the Giants though
Would SOS even know who he is?

4 Likes

I would bring in mckenzie just to take our kickouts

4 Likes

I wouldn’t. He is a poor kick. Long but off target.

Perhaps his hair style went out of fashion.

2 Likes

Because we’re getting [insert name of left footed hbf here] instead?

1 Like

Hello! Chopper here, Never been on a ■■■■■■■ football field before and here I am as a ■■■■■■■ inside mid for Essendon. Look at that ■■■■■■■ pretender Dusty, with all his tough guy ink. Hello Dusty, get a possession today and when you leave the MCG ■■■■■■■ BANG!

3 Likes

Definitely injuries, definitely off field issues and he didnt get much love from Eade due to those off field issues.

1 Like

Thanks!
With so many list spots already available not to mention that we should delist more & the shallow draft predictions, its the perfect time to take some chances on a high risk/reward guys like McKenzie. Surely they can’t expect much in trade. Green slotted straight into our best 22 & McKenzie could be exactly the same. Assuming he passes a medical he’d be definitely one I’d target. I don’t see guys like this as “topping up” more addressing list weaknesses with potential bargains that still have years of footy in them.

McKenzie would want to be pretty much free.

Even then, I’m not sure whether it is the best move.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if McKenzie was more than a DFA.

We need another small forward, as cover for Green. His foot injuries are ongoing and a cause for continued concern.

I reckon we should try and get Riley O’Brien from Adelaide. Cant get a gig because of the big redhead dude that Farkcarlton gave away. Local kid from Maribyrnong Park and ready to go. I like Draper for the future but Tbell and Luey are bang on average

2 Likes

Let’s bring in Tom Lamb from WC, although he doesn’t have a sensible haircut so nevermind.

We are no chance.
We never get the big fish.

8 Likes

Devon Smith from GWS. Is he any good?

A couple of quotes here from Disco. On Rockliff:

They have shown an interest in out-of-contract Giant Matt Kennedy, but will not be pursuing Rockliff as the former Lions captain weighs up whether to stay at the club or look elsewhere as a restricted free agent.

“Tom’s a really good player. He probably doesn’t fit our demographic for where we’re going as a club. We probably identify guys who are 22 or 23 years of age to go with our current group of younger players who we’ve got,” Dodoro said.

“He’s a very good player but he’s probably not in our sights.”

OK then. Very next paragraph…

The Bombers also recently met with Liam Pickering, Gary Ablett’s manager, and sought to see whether the Gold Coast champion would look at a move to Essendon.

Soooooo Rockliff is out of our demographic at 28, however Ablett, who is SIX YEARS older is? And we are apparently looking at Crameri?

Mugatu

18 Likes

Doesn’t want tom because doesn’t fit demographics.

enquires about sooklett.

fmd if this is true…

1 Like