Trade Targets

Well, Rockliff would be 4 years, Ablett would be 1 year…

Blues don’t get their two first rounders in that scenario. Nor should they ever have.

Where’s @wimmera1 ?

2 Likes

Not enough teams involved @riolio 's dream multitrade turns its nose up at that.

Why on earth would we want Lamb? If there is one position on the field we have covered with “potential” depth, its the medium sized forward. Laverde, Langford, Redman, Begley all fighting for a role, if our current structure even allows for a medium forward (I don’t think it really does, unless they can play small). Oh, and Stringer might join us.

Does not sound like a priority.

2 Likes

You mean inside/outside midfielder Jake Stringer :wink:

1 Like

Tom lamb wants to play in the vfl. Doesn’t believe he’ll be at a AFL club next year.

Liam Pickering is saying it. Can’t imagine him drumming up or exaggerating interest in one of his guys to help something happen to line his own pockets?

Serious question.

Is Schache even that good?

We whine about Franga, Schache is in the same boat surely?

Note* yes I know he is only a 2nd year KPP

He kicked about 4 in a half on Aaron Francis for Vic Country in U18’s

TBH I’m not sure. Thought he was a gun but hasn’t done a thing at Brisbane

It isn’t a fitness problem with Schache.
He needs to add some muscle to his frame.

He’s never been a ‘high production’ forward who gets possessions and marks out on a wing.
At best, he could become someone like Tom Hawkins.
But I think it’s more likely he turns into a more consistent version of Sam Reid.

I doubt we’d chase him. I think Joe Dan is better as a deep forward and shifting him to CHF to suit Schache may be detrimental to the team.

Since when has JD been better as deep fwd?

Nailing 60m bombs and finger twirling is his forte across CHF. Hooker has been playing FF.

I think the Schache possibility is a good one for the future strength of our spine. He is a super accurate kick for goal. Will have all the pressure on him released playing with JD/Stewart fwd. And Hooker can go back either next year or the following to dominating opposition key fwds and intercepting like a boss.

16 Likes

Maybe we are trying to sus out the Ablett deal with Geelong so that we can up the pressure on the stringer trade

6 Likes

JD starts deep forward and works up to the 60m with occasional help out to the wing.
If he started at CHF, I think he wouldn’t be of as much value to us getting out to the wing more often.
I wouldn’t mess too much with our highest goal scorer since Matthew Lloyd.

It goes completely against everything I stand for in regards to youth development and no over 25 year olds policy but Gary Ablett in a Essendon jumper for a year or 2 gives me a gigantic HORN.

17 Likes

There is hardly any stereotypical CHF vs FF positions anymore.

JoeDan played a lot higher up the ground more often than Hooker.

That is his best position.

1 Like

l suspect the GAblett talk to be nothing more that a smoke screen.

The number of smoke screens we’re running at the moment is going to start interfering with the ability of planes to land safely.

27 Likes

It’ll all be worth it when we land Brandon Matera.

9 Likes

Calm down, or you’ll be made a gelding.

2 Likes

We’re all smoke(screen), no fire.