Trade Targets

I think what is happening. Is people like me are checking in too regularly and nothing is happening yet. Trade week can’t come early enough.

So because there is nothing significant to read I just pick arguments with people.

Seems like a thing to do lol…

2 Likes

Well that’s just rubbish

1 Like

Probably. But some people make it far to easy. I don’t pick on reasonable people. some people say outrageous things.

Can’t believe we haven’t landed anyone yet.

Typical dudoro. Typical Essendon.

3 Likes

Let’s be aggressive in this year’s trade as suggested by EFC recently and target Lonergan, Mackie and SteveJ.

I agree on miles would come cheap and is a very good contested footballer. Also have heard from tigers fans they would prefer him in the side to prestia and has worked on his deficiencies being spread from the contest.

You are correct Emilio
Tigers won today on grunt
Thats why we need Stringer at all costs

Saad would be be a good fit with 45 o’connor on other half back flank and release Andy to try the midfield

Watching dusty yesterday and thinking he’s has everything we need. Pace, strength, goal kicker, grunt, great foot skills. Where do we find the next dusty?

Harry O’Brien syndrome

1 Like

Cam Rayner - how do we orchestrate that though is the question.

1 Like

Pay overs.
Find a club willing to do a deal like Melbourne and GWS did in 2013.
GWS knew that they had incredible depth. Only needed elite players. Swapped Dom Tyson and pick 9 (Salem) for pick 2. Drafted Josh Kelly. Very risky trade if Kelly didn’t work out but hindsight shows that they won.
An equivalent trade for us now would be pick 11, Laverde and possibly even 2018 first or second round for pick 1 from Brisbane. Crazy overs. Only possible if you think you have great depth and need potential elite. Too risky for ultra conservative Jackets and EFC. Bomberblitz would go into meltdown.

Stringer is just a bigger faster version of Dusty

He has all the attributes to be that, just needs to build elite endurance.

If you look at where Martin was at the age Stringer is currently at, Stringer is well ahead of him.

1 Like

I agree, it’s why I think we should offer him a big $ long term deal and go as hard as possible for him.

1 Like

I’m having a whale of a time reading this thread. I don’t know why some people seem all at sea with it.

1 Like

Trade our 1st this year and next year + Parish will be the asking price.

Not worth it.

Ummm…this is a joke right?

Martin is 3 years older than Stringer. In 2014 Martin kicked more goals than Stringer did this year and averaged more than double the disposals.
Stringer might be a better forward than Martin is/was…possibly. But as a midfielder, Martin is and was light years ahead

7 Likes

Exactly.

F*ck Super coach statistics.

Martin wasn’t an All Australian player until last year. Stringer already has 2 under his belt.