Trade Targets

Saints won the night flag that year and made consecutive grannies the years after that, so they weren’t that rubbish.

They only played in one grand final - 1997

1 Like

An issue with this trade is that the kid we recruited probably wouldn’t really be ready to majorly impact for 3-5 years. Martin has been outstanding the last few years, but he was recruited in 2009, 8 years ago. So if you do that, you’re recruiting for a post Hurley/Hooker period. Which is fine, but if we were going to do that we would have been better to fully commit to a rebuild in either 2015 or 2016.

Supposedly…
Devon Smith is likely to be available for trade.

Teams lining up for him are the usual…
Us, Geelong, North Melbourne, Carlton and St Kilda.

1 Like

How good is GWSs Kennedy?

A bit like Langford. Part mid part forward. Master of none

1 Like

Probably 3rd on the Kennedy scale.

7 Likes

Hope we chase an upgrade on Hartley as a lock down KPD, I don’t mind Andrews, McStay or Tarrant (in that order). I liked Hartley but thought he went backwards this year and Hurley has became more of a intercept and rebounding defender.

Next key area is midfielder and I don’t get why we are not into Rockliff he seems perfect for a tilt at top 4 in the next 2 years which has to be our goal. If we are genuinely not into him then I would look at Neale, Cunnington, Libba, Liam Shiels, Mathieson.

If we get a mature player ready to be best 22 in both of those spots then I would be happy to look at Stringer.

3 Likes

Smith would be a great get

1 Like

Surely the “usual” would include Hawthorn and Collingwood? Or have they finally run out of picks to trade?

1 Like

Ask Alan Richardson how well whiteboards work for him…

Do you write your own material?

2 Likes

this year’s first rounder for kennedy and smith??

In a ■■■■ heartbeat.

But ain’t gonna happen

The days of GWS handouts are over I reckon.

If not there a joke.

They need to harden up.

I would like to think we are right in the Kennedy picture…

It’s interesting their worth.
Kennedy’s not in their best 22 and Devon Smith probably is but didn’t get a game the other night.
Realistically Kennedy would be a mid second rounder and Devon an end of first. IMO.

I reckon that’s bang on except they have damaged Smith’s trade value…badly

All coffee Jake’s aside we should be looking towards similar mediocre clubs like ourselves to do trades with.
The idea of Collins and/or Balic and Vandenberg and/or Beams
Offloading Mckernan, Langford, pick 29 swapped with 28. Keep pick 28 warm.
Make an offer to Rocky.

Langford should not be traded unless.the trade is exceptionally weighted in our favour.

Rocky is a free agent.

2 Likes

Just thinking wtf has Langford done recently?
Nada, squat, jackshit springs to mind yet he’s treated like the “Prince of Persia”.
And so we won’t have to offer shitall for Rocky then.

Poor old Langford
Prince_of_Persia_021_(DOS)

12 Likes