Trade Targets

It’s all heating up now.

Stringer looks as good as over the line.

Schache a sneaky chance to come across.

Fog seems to think we have Watts in our sights, likely as 3rd tall defender IMO.

Just also been reported we leading race for Adam Saad on Ch7 news.

Dodoro sees the Hawks bring in 3 players last year, albeit two were busts and thinking fark it let’s go all out.

Those 4 players would instantly transform our side.

Stringer - inside mid/fwd
Saad - quick HBF’r (McGrath to wing)
Watts - intercept marking 3rd tall def/good user
Schache - 199cm kpf (Hooker back)

Can’t get all these done on picks alone so obviously we will will have some players on the table.

3 Likes

I think one of those things may happen.

■■■■ me. I would be happy with just Stringer.

But if we get Saad and Schache as well I’m having Dodoro’s babies.

12 Likes

I would be now interested in your round 1 side

I would really like to get Schache, but I think its more a trade for the future not next year. He will take time to develop into having anything like Hookers presence fwd. Unfortunately I don’t think we will have the luxury of placing Hooker back until Schache is good enough to take his role fwd.

1 Like

I would going off personally.

1 Like

Too far you reckon?

Thanks for that

Glad that the club sees Schache as a key target. And to be fair whilst not as good a player as Watts, Mitch Brown does a very good job when fit as 3rd tall intercept defender.

2 Likes

I’m probably not very good at this but what do people think of the below?

Stringer: pick 11 - I think pick 6 for Aaron Francis is still a good chance to be okay, I wouldn’t mind Stringer at pick 11 by comparison.

Schache: next years first rounder sounds okay to me - but would we need to offer one of our third tall forwards or backs too? - I don’t want to but would we have to?

Saad - pick 28? - considering what we got for Melk and Pig.

Can we still have ago at Matthew Kennedy? That would take a player and maybe some lower picks to get some points for academy picks.

To do the necessary drafting we might get away with promoting Long and Draper and using a low pick on a VFL player.

And I’ll knit them baby jackets

3 Likes

With Stringers number 5 on the back.

1 Like

Not sure if been posted

1 Like

Dylan Buckley seems to be on the outer at the Blues what’s the knock on him?

saad is no surprise as I’ve said before we are also searching for another player of this type and Adrian has been an admirer of him from
When he played at coburg.

no idea how well we are placed for him though.

3 Likes

Mostly the fact that he looks like an emo gobbledok I think.

9 Likes

lol such a weird looking campaigner

People seem to keep saying that we don’t get along with Gold Coast. So that is a barrier with trades.

What exactly did the tension come from?

Maybe from being the first team to get one of their top 10 picks to ask for a trade while under contract? I don’t imagine that made us popular, even though we failed at it.

Edit: they also seem to just be generally surly

1 Like

Caddy?

Yeah