Trade Targets

For anyone talking about Miles, do you realise he’s only 179cm and 80kg.
He might be able to win a few clearances but he ain’t no big bodied inside bull. As others have said, we’re better off playing Parish and Merrett at more stoppages. Way better off

10 Likes

Absolutely. Its probably why they had him playing forward in the vfl as well.

1 Like

Yup. He’s a very very slight upgrade on Bird. Short term band aid - poxy by foot, small, and slow. We’re not going to go down that path and nor should we.

Right now we need to develop 2 or 3 or 4 inside mids, that should be the main aim this season.
Langford, Begley, Parish, Stringer, Mutch… come on down.

1 Like

Miles is fkg garbage. Do not want

7 Likes

Easier just to keep Bird another year.

1 Like

Or recruit a couple of Kelly, Griggs, Webb etc.

2 Likes

And was he pick 67 for any reason?

Yeah, we should be looking at younger guys who either haven’t had a chance at AFL level yet or haven’t had much opportunity to player at that level. Guys who have the physical development to come straight in if injuries occur but who potentially have the up side to make it at AFL.

Keeping guys like Bird, Howlett etc isn’t worth it.

1 Like

I’ll be really disappointed if any of Howlett, Bird, Jerrett and Smack stay on the list.
Morgan i’m 50/50 about

2 Likes

Was reported that Howlett and Jacko Merret are waiting till the end of trade period to see if they get 1 year contracts.

If we get the SSS i can see them both get de-listed.

1 Like

Power never factored in the 20% cap increase into existing contracts - Hence they effectively have an extra 1 1/2 million in their cap - Believe Essendon is in the saame situation.

1 Like

And moving out Trengove, AhChee, Lobbe, Young & Impey would be freeing up more.

2 Likes

I really, really hope we get them now.

2 Likes

I would fkg hope so. Would be nice to know that the club learned SOMETHING from the 2001/2 fire-sale of a third of the 2000 premiership side after we mis-guessed what the AFL would do with the salary cap…

6 Likes

To be fair they do change it to suit their agenda… now they are going to pay some of the salary to keep Lynch up on the Gold Coast as an “ambassador” role.

1 Like

Reasonably sure we were told that the cap would rise by 10+% and a few povvo clubs likethe Dogs said that would break them and the rise was retracted.

And Hird and Lloyd were putting out their hands for big bikkies.

1 Like

Didnt Hird and a few others take a pay cut?

Hadn’t heard that. Hird, Lloyd and Mercuri signed massive deals the year before.

Somewhat ironically two of the players who were forced out just won a flag as coaches.

More Peter Jackson magic, killed a record breaking premiership list and sacked the greatest coach in our history for Matty Nights.

5 Likes

I could quite easily be wrong but I’m sure I remember Hirdy taking a reduction, can’t remember who else though.