Trade Targets

Hard as a cat’s head too.

i want him toting his shotgun and p*ssing off opposition supporters

Was it boot or you who posted a while back the word from the club was that we had no interest in Mathieson? I think it was boot, come to think of it.

But the time to get him was when he was on the draft board for our 3rd(?) round pick and we’d just drafted his best mate. He’d be much harder to get hold of now.

1 Like

He’s got that Selwood/Thomas head-ducking, knee-buckling thing down pat too. We could do certainly do with someone who draws a few cheap frees each week…

3 Likes

Yep Blitz wanted Mathieson >> Morgan

1 Like

That will stop if he gets to us

4 Likes

Goddard will coach.

2 Likes

Disagree with this. The in’s we’ve got/getting in trades kind of mark the end of Benny for mine. He came in this year as a forward/mid, and we’ve just added Stringer and Smith. Bird came in for Watson, and we’ve not really replaced that inside mid role. If one of the two are kept for depth, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t Bird.

Add to that, everyone is saying Jerrett/Howlett are waiting on trade week to see if they get a contract. There isn’t a peep around Bird.

However, I wouldn’t be surprised if both don’t go.

1 Like

Bird still under contract? Probably not going anywhere if that is the case.

All depends on DFAs available I guess.

For some reason Swans gave Bird a Long contract (maybe hes a good bloke), then ended up playing him in NEAFL. When all there young mids came on - Mitchel/parker/Heeney/Mills. Or they realised he wasnt up to it.
We’re stuck with Bird due to us maneuvring to get (Pick 5 (Academy 6))Francis in.

Maybe a way Dogs can get Norths Pick 4 is to take in some of North Players Coin.

EFC out 30,25 IN Stringer
Dogs In 4, Goldstein, Thomas Out Stringer, 9
North In 9,25,30 Out 4, Goldstein, Thomas

This reliable source tells me Bird does not have a contract for 2018.

2 Likes

Mutch has that down to a fine art, as well as the turn the back at the last second.
Just as hard as Mathieson, but without the mongrel.

1 Like

Linsanity

1 Like

I wasn’t saying he was contracted, I was just saying there is no noise about him being dependent on trade week to be kept.

I’m not sure how reliable the footywire website is but it says that Bird is contracted for another 2 years. I don’t remember him getting an extension with the bombers though, and I would be surprised if Sydney had signed him to a long deal before trading him.

Sloane will be cooked in 3 to 4 years. Won’t be worth nearly as much then. His crash and bash style will see him finish up by the time he is 31. You’d take him now and give up a fair bit but not in 2 years time. I think the crows know this but will take the hit in 2 years time anyway which is probably the right decision for them.

3 Likes

Jono orourke from hawthorn any good? I havent seen much of him but when i have he has looked good and currently no contract at hawks and no guarantee to get one. Worth a 4th round pick?

Rubbish

Was pick 4, not a fourth round pick.

Would consider Billy Hartung for more speed.

2 Likes