Trade Targets

I haven’t watched other clubs play in years, it’s so interesting looking at potential delistings of players that looked like up and coming guns last I seen them play.

1 Like

Well sure, I’d like another tall back who is as good as an AA, or a player who will likely one day be (Hooker and Carlisle). Not sure how that is relevant to Close, who the start of this series of posts (Caliban) and I described as tall depth.

And yes, I’m pretty happy with our set of tall backs. Hawthorn won a premiership with Stephen Gilham and Ross Lyon made two grand finals with Zac Dawson. We’re fine if we use what we have wisely.

I wasn’t imagining that Close would be an AA KPD. I just asked whether he had played as a back man. You asked why would we need him to, with the depth we have. I don’t think we have the depth. We have defenders - but not enough of one particular kind. This is a chain of thought. That’s how conversations evolve. The point regarding Close does not imply I think he is the answer to the successive points. Using that kind of argument is more suited to courtrooms when you are trying to win something, not to forums.

I don’t agree with you. Unless Hartley comes back into some kind of form, we will have problems down back. We can always compromise and any weak link, once strengthened, only points to a different weak link, because there is no perfect team against all other teams.

This thread is still active eh?? :thinking:

2 Likes

What the hell is it with Brisbane and (kinda decent) talls?
I swear they delist one per year.

Could get McKenzie
Third most capped suns player after Ablett and someone else

197cm kpf

Don’t think he is any world beater but also hard to gauge given how crap Brisbane has been as a team. Playing in that fwd line would be tough.

We absolutely need some form of genuine kpf depth and will be better than anyone we can get at our late picks I would think.

If your posting on him can only assume club considering it

2 Likes

From lions website:
• At the time of him being drafted, National Talent Manager Rob Kerr said: “There are a few rough edges we’ll try to knock off him over the next few years, but the thing in Michael’s favour is that he’s very competitive and that was the thing that probably stood out for us. He’s going to be a project player. We need to find players who can hold down forward roles for us.”

That our Rob Kerr?

3 Likes

Yep been a great addition to the coaching staff imo

Well, he’d know him then.

Has won most professional player before. Woosha will be all about that attitude to his footy.

Can clunk. Seems a fluent kick. Competitive.

As a DFA for nothing probably can’t go wrong

1 Like

I’ve rated all their tall discards.
But yes.

Has some wheels for his size, reckon he has improvement left in him.
Wouldn’t be against picking him up if the coaches thought they could get that out of him.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/teams/brisbane/brisbane-forwards-josh-green-and-michael-close-trade-blows-at-heated-lions-training-session/news-story/3c44a4af60afc14e3909a165debeb8ff

2 Likes

Reading some of the Lion’s supporters comments, I’d say no as a forward. They prefer Walker to him…

No cigar here

1 Like

Haha!

5 Likes

Still coming to terms with Jordan Lisle’s delisting from a year ago?

1 Like

We need the KPF depth.
How old is he? He looks like a big brute, which we really need. I don’t think we need any roaming, high endurance, slim bodied, CHF types.

Any tall forward with an ounce of talent and a good work ethic will accel in ability with training along side Joe Daniher, and playing against Hurley and Ambrose on the training track.

According to the above did his ACL end of 2015, got two games in end of 2016 (kicked 4 vs Blues in 2nd).

So 2017 was realistically that main year back from an ACL which most players invariably struggle in.

I honestly would be happy to give this guy a look as a DFA