Trade Targets

I’d say this is where we may lose our interest.

Dogs may only offer 1-2 years where another club could offer 3 years and that could turn his head.

I think he’d definately add some much needed grunt to our midfield but I wouldn’t be overpaying for it.

I think it would take 2-3 years to get over that leg break in all honesty before you see his best football again as you don’t just have to recover physically but mentally as well and get that confidence back in his body again.

Could be an excellent pickup though in the right environment.

1 Like

Crows would rather a compo pick no clubs are going to trade overs for him

didnt realise Wines was a RFA.(off 7 broadcast…)

throw the sink at him and make Port pay.

the get Gray next year when he becomes a UFA.

If the Crows can get a mid 1st rnd pick or early 2nd via compo they will take it imo

He’s not. Probably talking about Wallis (RFA) or Westhoff (UFA).

They won’t get anywhere near that if we only offer a 2 yr contract.

Fixed

1 Like

Geelong got pick 19 for Motlop

It was expected to be a pick in the second round, but having signed a four-year contract worth over $500,000 per season, the Cats will receive Pick 19.

I’d go hard at Shai Bolton or a Gregson/ McCarthy from Geelong.
Also one of Wines, Sloane, Gaff or Beams. Don’t think age is an issue, feel confident with the mids coming through but probably still another 2 years for most to be consistently damaging.

People on blitz talk about Beams like it’s 2013.

The guy is cooked.

5 Likes

Dean Kent from Melbourne may want out according to Jon Ralp wants more midfield time.

MEANWHILE, Dean Kent could leave Melbourne in search of greater opportunity.

Kent remains sidelined with a hamstring injury suffered in the Round 5 loss to Richmond, but is understood to want more midfield responsibility.

He made a bright start to the season, with 20 disposals and three goals against North Melbourne in Round 3 and 17 touches and three goals against Hawthorn in Round 4 before injury struck.

But the Demons’ improved depth and rise to legitimate contender status has made it difficult for Kent to break into the engine room.

He finished in the top 10 of Melbourne’s best and fairest in 2016, but has played only 61 games in five-and-a-half seasons, partly because of injury.

At 24, he has a mix of speed and power, and an appetite for defensive pressure, that would appeal to potential suitors willing to take a punt on his soft tissue issues.

It’s understood Kent would prefer to stay at Melbourne, but is unlikely to get a deal to his liking at the Demons and is assessing his options.

well then aint they gooses.

Wallis is ok. But he won’t ever be better than ok IMO. I realise really good inside miss don’t grow on trees but I think I’d rather have Parish and Langford getting more midfield time.

Or we could just re-draft Howlett…

1 Like

Beams is a class above Sloane - Better inside game, much better kick and kicks goals.

1 Like

Give Kent a miss - Good work ethic and hard at the contest, BUT his decision-making is below standard.

wasn’t Kent in hot water after end of season trip? Pass.

1 Like

But people have been saying we need more kents

5 Likes

De Gooey is about a 1 in a million chance so let’s forget that. Wines probably isnt likely either.

Sloane and Beams are too old. As Reboot said, we’re not going to challenge for a couple of years so old guys aren’t an option.

Wallis is no world beater but we need a grunt mid. It’s worth a shot if we don’t have to give up draft picks. If there are no other inside mids on the trade table this year we should give it a go. A 4 year deal would be idiocy though. I’m not confident the club wouldnt offer a long deal, given our recent contract fuckups (worsfold, myers etc)

1 Like

I like Kent, but his injury history has to be a concern.