Tragedy in Tassie - flying bouncy castle kills kids

5th child has died.

:frowning:

1 Like

horrible

Heartbreaking :disappointed_relieved:

An unimaginable tragedy. My heart goes out to all those who are involved.

2 Likes

Oh ffs. How horrific. :disappointed_relieved:

yep your correct

10 metresā€¦ I just canā€™t get my head around this.

1 Like

:cry:

Those poor kids, my heart goes out to the parents and their families.

Truly tragic.

4 Likes

I just have no words. My heart breaks for the families, friends, community and first responders.

Jesus Christ this is horrific.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not just wind that makes them dangerous. Kids bouncing into there violently can cause major damage. Sometimes quadriplegia.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the proximity to the airport there? Trying to analyse weather conditionsā€¦ from 9:30 to 10:00 am the wind shifted nearly 180 degrees from ESE to NW and stayed mostly N to NW the rest of the day. Thatā€™s about the only odd thing that stood out.

But the winds at that time were neglibleā€¦ less than 10 k / hr. The highest wind gust was 33 and that was at 5 pm.

Again using the airport as a proxy.

1 Like

Someone is going to be going to jail for a long time behind this.

There were pictures of police officers who were totally distraught.

1 Like

Will never recover from it. Horrific doesnā€™t do justice to the emotional response to this.

3 Likes

In a straight line maybe like 10km . . .
Not super far.
Iā€™m not super familiar with the geography there but I donā€™t think thereā€™s any big mountain ranges or anything that might account for wig wind patterns either.

schools approx 10kms from devonport airport.

as itā€™s coastal itā€™s normally windy near the beach but the school is a kilometre or two in from the beach/coast and i would say itā€™s generally not that windy when iā€™ve been near there.

would put down to freak accident, but depends on what other information comes to light.

3 Likes

Accidents do happen.

2 Likes

All year 5 and year 6 kids were the victims according to the abc.

Reports are that it was a bouncing castle and some Zorba balls that went into the air up to 10m high and landed down a hill?(hence the high fatal fall)

And no reports of anything approaching a strong breeze.

Itā€™s a sad devastating tragedy thatā€™s going to take time to work out what exactly happened.

I really feel not just for the families but the school. Principal must be inconsolable.

1 Like

So do lawsuits

This is so sad.

The company that hired the equipments Facebook page has been removed. That was probably a wise idea.