Tragedy in Tassie - flying bouncy castle kills kids

I feel sick. I can’t stop thinking about this.

4 Likes

I can’t even read the news articles. Unfathomable. The community will take a long time to recover. Heart breaking

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

Dreamworld comes to mind. Nobody has done time.

Ignoring something that’s broken 5 times in a week isn’t an accident, it’s negligence

Tragic beyond words… really feel for the parents, siblings, extended family & friends. A year with grade 5 & 6 students builds close relationships- there will be teachers who are in a world of pain too. A life changing event for the whole community… so very very sad.

1 Like

Yeah, that was kinda my point.

There are some stories that I just cannot force myself to contemplate in any detail. This is one.

10 Likes

It’s so awful for the entire community, including the operators

The article said

Police have also not confirmed what was used to anchor down the jumping castle.

also kids using zorb balls as well.

I’ve seen/dealt with some horrific things as part of my job. Death and injury. From fire, accident and other. Thankfully (touch wood) never a child. I’m pretty sure that would break me.

My heart cries for the families, witnesses and responders. This sadness is beyond words.

3 Likes

Fly High Angels

Given the ubiquitous use of smartphones and people taking photos there should hopefully be a few pictures of the scene to confirm the setup.

Fundraiser for one of the victims:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-for-georgie-gardam-after-a-tragic-loss\

A more generic one:

Wow 32K of 50K raised - fantastic effort by all who donated.

The second one i just added is generic, for all the families. It has raised 300K when it was originally for 100K. All in less than 24hrs.

1 Like

This is great, I just can’t help thinking about the amount GoFundMe is profiting from commission on this. Wish it wasn’t so prevalent

2 Likes

Lawsuits don’t result in prison time.

Did I say they did?

In a year where there has been a lot of tragedy within Australia, this one really feels like the hardest to accept.

12 Likes