Training Friday 2/2/18 - Live Coverage

not really, its qualified by potentially.

Just like not being able to express concerns about talent in AFLW, you’re not able to talk about your concerns with one Martin Gleeson. Gleeson fans run deep on blitz.

1 Like

Talent, sure, but what is this “weight” of which you speak…?

Agreed, If I could pick an inside mid to poach I’d take Coniglio for us, Absolute gun.

I’d have Jackson Merrett above Goddard. All Goddard does is point his finger, gets ran down, turns it over and loses us games like the one against Sydney. Move on.

you clearly have an extensive knowledge of football.

18 Likes

Have school holidays started? I thought they just went back.

7 Likes

It wont be the last time that Goddard kick will be mentioned on here.

It’s funny because in that last three minutes there was about ten other significant errors yet the Goddard one gets brought up all the time.

8 Likes

If we are talking about the after the siren loss to Sydney? I mean, yeah Goddard’s kickout was an error but it was just one of dozens in the general brain fade that was the last 3 minutes of that match.

But Jackson Merrett before Goddard. I mean…wow…clearly any similarity between my reality and that of Zacky7 is purely coincidental.

3 Likes

I’m assuming he meant that game.

The whole final few minutes was just a comedy of errors.

1 Like

The players called it job done after Hurley kicked that goal.

4 Likes

Yep, they checked out and paid the consequences against a top side.

Sadly they didn’t learn anything from it because they followed it up with loss to Brissy

Lol, I’m pretty sure Zacky is taking the ■■■■ guys.

1 Like

I hope so. I would hate for him to get on our selection panel when he grows up.

1 Like

CD are seriously a joke. Clearly they massage the figures to get the results they want.

Here are the player ratings for Hurls off the AFL web site. Its a 2 year average ( which CD states is the way the Elite are determined. ) and the top 10% are elite.

So, according to the rankings, there are 79 Key defenders in the AFL who actually played even 1 game. They rule out about half of them, who have not played more than 10 games. so they have 40 Key defenders contending for the top 10 % so, thats the top 4.

Thats the reason why May and Andrews miss out, while the 4 above them are all listed as elite on the AFL website.

So CD were then in a quandary. Hurls didnt play in 2016, but was AA in 2017 and the rankings had him at #33 out of the 40 players who qualified.
Worse still. Apparently Hurls did not improve at all in 2017 he started out 33rd player in the AFL among Key Defenders, and ended up #33.

See the graph below.

CD solution to the problem: Fudge it. and list Hurls as Elite. Why? because he was one of 2 AA KPDs in 2017.

2 Likes

who honestly cares

6 Likes

this

1 Like

Look guys, it’s pretty clear that Chris_64 cares and I, for one, think we should support him.

5 Likes

Fk Champion Data.

(And of course, … Fk Carlton)

2 Likes

You have no idea. Goddards grunt in the midfield for the first quarter of the season was on show. When we got fitness levels up into our midfielders he moved more to the backline, where he can be a real general. If you think he just points and turns the ball over you have lost the plot. He is very vocal and emoctional at times, but shows his passion and runs our backline vocally more than others. Its good to see others are starting to talk up more now.

2 Likes