Training Friday 4th Dec

I love this time of the year. It’s when footy starts that things turn to ■■■■!

LID OFF.

Brilliant reports, just like being there.

TIPPA? How did he look running around with the big boys?

I haven’t heard about the Bird.

The Ant said:

benfti said:
jonovdp said:
I reckon you could see Yestin playing round one and bursting on to the scene like Frog Davey did in his first season. No one could go near him in his first year.
The thing about Yesty is he isn't competing against anyone for the spot he plays
Where do you see him playing?

When we looked around we counted 5 players who might go for the small forward/HFF role.

McKenna, Eades, Kommer, Jerrett and then throw in Long/Dempsey/Edwards and you wonder who plays?

Long and Kommer must look a round thinking ■■■■ I better get a move on the talent is building.
I think there is a lot of confusion about the players that can play the HFF/midfield role; and the players that can play the FP/HFF role. In which we (as Essendon supporters) call them all small forwards.

We haven't had a genuine Forward pocket since forever. Even when we have put players like Kommer, J Merrett, Jetta etc. in the forward pocket, they end up playing as Half forward flankers.

it sounds like Yestin Eades is genuine forward pocket player.

I haven't heard about the Bird.
Tippa stands out that is for sure. But as per his VFL form he didn't get it a lot in the main drill. 

I didn't even notice Bird. I actually forgot about him. I was awestruck by the young fellas.

Something i forgot to mention was a bit of play where Edwards from the back line went for a run and evaded 1, then 2 and then took on 2 more players coming towards him. One missed but the other grabbed him and with a vice like grip dragged him to the ground. When he got up it was Howlett. Ripping tackle where others failed.

In the same main drill Yestin received the ball on the wing/hff and then TIPPA style ran around 3 blokes over 35 meters without taking a bounce before slotting one from 45.   

Anecdote:  Yesty went up to Harvs and did a little shadow box routine. Harvs calmly says - “hey, ask the last fella that tried that how he went…”

Incoming! said:
half mast

only half?
aboods said:
Incoming! said:
half mast

only half?
whoa whoa whoa... some of us need some recovery time after Tippafest.
The Ant said:

I haven't heard about the Bird.
In the same main drill Yestin received the ball on the wing/hff and then TIPPA style ran around 3 blokes over 35 meters without taking a bounce before slotting one from 45.   
RIP Tippa

Plenty of room for both.

What group was TIPPA in (forward, mid, back)?

Thanks for the report. Starting to get excited…

TIPPA gets his own group.

Reboot said:
Sounds brilliant. Why wasn't I there? Oh yeah, friggin work!!!!!  :(  
When I win Tattslotto I'm going to EVERY training session and I'm going to stand next to Jackie and hit on Tiff all day long.

Humberta will not be pleased.

Humberta will be too busy looking at "that big handsome brown boy" (aka J Gwilt).

cheers for the reports, all.

These training reports are a God-send to me down here in Tassie.  Makes me feel more “connected” to the team and in touch with general goings-on.  My heartfelt thanks to those who take the time and effort.  Much appreciated.

Deckham said:
Anecdote:  Yesty went up to Harvs and did a little shadow box routine. Harvs calmly says - "hey, ask the last fella that tried that how he went..."
...because I only remember waking up and being treated for concussion...

Is it just me or did those drills sound better and far more challenging than anything the boys were put through last year? 

I really feel sorry for the boys when the REAL pre-season starts after Christmas…

Reboot said:
Sounds brilliant. Why wasn't I there? Oh yeah, friggin work!!!!!  :(  
When I win Tattslotto I'm going to EVERY training session and I'm going to stand next to Jackie and hit on Tiff all day long.

Humberta will not be pleased.

Humberta will be too busy looking at "that big handsome brown boy" (aka J Gwilt).

Who, btw, has shorn off his locks....

Last year the pre christmas drills were all about fitness. sounds similar now with a bit more game play inclusive.