Training Friday 5/1/18

Green had 38 shots and 9 assists, kicked 17.21, basedon the accuracy he has acheived in past years he should have kicked about 25.13 if he can get his accuracy back, he might make best 22, with Stringer reputed to be 60 mid 40 forward, and smith full time mid (maybe)

1 Like

I donā€™t know about delisted but I agree in part with what your saying. Green is too one dimensional, and the least flexible out of them all

1 Like

We focused on pace in 2017, so all of Tippa, Fanta, Colyer, McGrath, McKenna, Green were needed. When we didnā€™t have them all we looked far slower. Thatā€™s why Colyer and Green were 22 locks.

In 2018 we have added Saad and Smith. We can afford to drop the speedster that performs least.

That isnā€™t true.

6 Likes

Green in his first year for us did some nice things, and we played our best football when he, Fanta and Tippa were in the team. But he didnā€™t actually get much of the ball and heā€™ll need to do more if heā€™s to cement a place.

Green runs forward of the ball too often looking for the easy goal, he does apply pressure but needs to get this out of his game.

Awesome updates. Some further observations having made the trip across Tulla yesterday;

Begley is primedā€¦ absolutely ripping shapeā€¦ Biceps glistening in the sunā€¦ Forgot just how brilliant of a kick he isā€¦ Effortless power and accuracy is dare I say it Buckleyesqueā€¦ I want to see him onball this year. Really want to see him physically destroying opponents and showing desperation.

Mcniece has a super sharp footy brain, and looks great with ball in hand. Among the main group was being asked to rev the boys up early on so clearly commands respect. As pointed out early Harvs is clearly a fan of his tactical nousā€¦

Lavender, Looks a likely typeā€¦ thin but skilful, and a beautiful mover. Stood behind him taking shots on goal from an acute angle and nailed a few which showed equisite skill.

Houlahan, moved well. Lacks fitness and strength though and skills are still off AFL standard. Interesting in one drill when kicking to a leading forward was told to flatten out his kicksā€¦ In a great show of leadership Tippa stopped the drill and asked that Houlahan ā€˜go againā€™. Nice moment Tippaā€¦

Fantasia (aka Razzle) - buzzing around throughout loves footy, looks in brilliant nickā€¦ Doesnā€™t stop chirpingā€¦ A serious talkerā€¦ Encouragement, hanging it on others and running commentary! The showmanā€¦Ended on ball against Heppā€¦ Trains his guts out and a competitorā€¦Future part of the leadership groupā€¦

Hepp - vocal, getting round the boys constantly and driving standardsā€¦ An inclusive leader who looks in ripping nickā€¦ Awful beard thoughā€¦

Colyer - Wasnā€™t there yesterday but looked in great nic down at Good Guys on Thursday ā€¦ A man with a massive interest in sound equipmentā€¦ Was going to offer to give him some assistance as he picked the box up off the bottom shelf, but fortunately he was clean with his hands on this occasion

Francis - Has all the gifts in the world, with perhaps the only lacking attribute being consistent intentā€¦ strolled over to the tent for a cool down after 40 minutes and being told by Harvs to make the 45 degree inboard kick if you are going to hit itā€¦ The positive is that he looks in better shape around the guts and bum, still has work to do thoughā€¦ Like everyone just waiting for him to become a gun! Wonder if throwing down the gauntlet and getting him to train with the midfield group might be the answer?

Stringer - Looked great at the stoppages, positioning and strength and power were on full showā€¦ Looked focussed but agree that he looks as though he could shed some additional weight. Also has an awful haircutā€¦

Zerk - Looked a little like Sean Gregory if truth be toldā€¦ Very very light and very rawā€¦ Struggled with ball in hand, although I think that might be as much to do with fatigue as it was in terms of skill

Hartley - Looks massiveā€¦ Huge shoulders and looked assured with ball in hand in backline drills. Snaps on goal at the end showed skill that hadnā€™t been seen, with some daicos qualities on show with his mate Tippaā€¦ have a feeling itā€™ll be his year

40 Likes

Loved the analogy of Begley being Buckley likeā€¦ what a player this kid is going to be. Lids well and truly off with this one. Special

4 Likes

Hartley could be quite a good forward switch with Hooker.

2 Likes

Big year for Hartley. Very likeable guy, and been a good servant in a difficult time, but itā€™s make or break with him coming out of contract. Needs to sure up as a lock down defender, and possibly offer more going the other way.

Really hoping he has a good year.

1 Like

Anyone notice Mynott or Guelfi?

1 Like

I didnā€™t know the lid could come off anymore, seeing as though it was well removed through trade period.

I wanna see Hartley use his kicking skills more, can absolutely hoof it.

6 Likes

I think Trav still has a lot to offer. He had taken a long time to get his disposal right but once he did he was easily best 22. But then he got injured just when all the things you discribe we sorted in 2015. So he missed a year and a half of football. I think the 2016 ban has had a bigger effect than a lot of people realised.

Iā€™m more concerned heā€™s injured rather than unmotivated.

If Buckley was Begley-like, that first ANZAC Day draw would not have been. Still canā€™t believe he dithered so much rather than kick ANY score to get his team in front.

ā€¦ speaking of which, I just saw an ANZAC bikkie (labelled as such) in a mini mart in Phnom Penh. Was disconcerting.

1 Like

:rofl:

Did he do it at pace, or did he slow down for the take?

Hit full pace during pick up and composed himself to deliver to the check out chickā€¦ Importantly there were no fumbles throughout.

3 Likes

worried about Franga. Bigly.

Is Smith that quick? Iā€™m not sure that he is so would love to hear from anyone who has noted his pace in training.