Training Friday 6/2/15

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Lol colyear "peppering" the crowd

“Franga” boys

Question: with Joe MIA as big target was hurls fwd or back as he has been spending some time around lloydy , nb serious Q

“A number of different players were rotated through the two full forward positions including the three resting ruck men, LaVerde, Ambrose and even Hooker. Hurley spent some time at cfh and was later swung into the back line.”

Question: where is tiffany ? There’s been more sightings of Elvis to be honest. With the fairly decent summer attire on show recently if you could share your expert commentary on this important matter Jackie that would be helpful

You will be able to see a lot more of Tiffany in about a month - just be patient and all will be revealed.

Why is it that everyone wants to see pictures of Tiffany but never ask for Jackie?

It’s tough on you and you’d have to think blatant sexism plays a role here. On the contrary people love hearing about your Willie.

Quoted Post

Love your work, JM. How long had Myers been in the modified group for? Also, it seems as though Winderlich has had a pretty solid pre-season, would you agree?

Cheers.

Sorry I overlooked your questions.

Myers modified on and off for a few weeks now.

Winderlich appears to have a good preseason - basically injury free. Gives a lot of directions on the field to the younger players.
Crashed late into the back of Hurley who had marked in front of him so he is taking things pretty seriously.

Great stuff. BTW if you didn’t know Colyer was a gun by now and one of the best kicks at the club then you must have been living under a rock all through 2014.

Please keep these reports coming, they really build the excitement as we start to get closer to the season opener.

I know I bang on about him but Dalgleish is going to surprise a heap of people this year. He’s not flash but he knows how to get the ball and deliver the ball and has a bit of poise and dash.

And finally, for the club to have added Laverde, Langford, Long (should I change my name to Lolita?), Zerrett and McKenna through our two “difficult” drafts is an enormous credit to Dodoro and co. Take a bow.

@Humbert Humbert
Great call & I might add to that if I may;
The acquisitions and injection of experience in Goddard, Chappy, Cooney, Giles & Gwilt with plenty of good footy in them (when many other clubs would’ve also offered them opportunities) will work wonders for the rest of the list. It also says something about the direction we are going as a footy club, how these players rate our list and brand of footy but most importantly the respect they have for Hirdy.

Quoted Post

@Humbert Humbert Great call & I might add to that if I may; The acquisitions and injection of experience in Goddard, Chappy, Cooney, Giles & Gwilt with plenty of good footy in them (when many other clubs would've also offered them opportunities) will work wonders for the rest of the list. It also says something about the direction we are going as a footy club, how these players rate our list and brand of footy but most importantly the respect they have for Hirdy.

psst… Can we change that to ‘addition of experience’?

Quoted Post

Great stuff. BTW if you didn't know Colyer was a gun by now and one of the best kicks at the club then you must have been living under a rock all through 2014.

Please keep these reports coming, they really build the excitement as we start to get closer to the season opener.

I know I bang on about him but Dalgleish is going to surprise a heap of people this year. He’s not flash but he knows how to get the ball and deliver the ball and has a bit of poise and dash.

And finally, for the club to have added Laverde, Langford, Long (should I change my name to Lolita?), Zerrett and McKenna through our two “difficult” drafts is an enormous credit to Dodoro and co. Take a bow.

really?

come on

goddard, zerrett, melk, ■■■■, chap, watson, zaharakis, fletch, hurley, winders, myers all have him covered.

lifted his kicking from diabolical to standard

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
I heard the players were going to boycott training.

I heard Dempsey was hungry and he ate all the training and now there isn’t any training anymore.

Ah nice work he’s going for the Rioli role, the Riolole.

@Deckham

Amateur blitz mistake that was!
Did the old ‘write a post, read it back to self, decide to add something & then hit post comment (in haste as already over my daily blitz quota) without the proof read.’

Was originally “the acquisitions of Goddard, etc, etc”

Not sure if mentioned, but Cooney did train, he was wearing number 44. Was actually dire by foot in the first half, I recall maybe three bad turnovers. but, yes, he does add some panache to our HFF. Having seen him train about 5 times now, I’d draw alot of on field parallels to Winderlich in his presence and what he brings to the team. Class, Football brains and run. Can never have enough of that in your team.

Some random observations:

Laverde tried to take on Dalgleish after marking on the HFF and was promptly pinned.
Dalgleish is looking good. Though I’d still like to see him use his pace as a weapon, which has often been a criticism of his game…

Long danced around Colyer with ease several times in the one on one tackling drill.
Edwards was similarly impressive in his footwork against Baguley.

Langford continues to move, mark and kick well. I have no doubting whatsoever that he’ll be a gun. Mids aren’t hesitating to honour his leads in match sim and his combination of pace and good running patterns will surely him play some 1s.

Melksham and Baggers have been the two players happy to dish out the love-taps in match sim.
Jake in particular has been very angry. Still not sure what his role will be in 2015.

Of the 1-3 years Ashby was good today and is definitely staking his claim. Kav’s endeavour is not dwindling, he’s still showing a real lift in intensity, I look forward to seeing how that translates against real opposition in a month.

McKenna played on Hams which proved an entertaining match up. Will is starting to get his mojo back and did a few really nice things in the fwd half. McKenna continued his steady improvement.

Zerrett out bustled and beat Hepp at a few stoppages today which was great to watch. He’s coming along very nicely. His brother as mentioned above, has lifted since coming back from his Hammy. Though, you’d say the inclusion of Cooney, who is in many ways a similar player, will mean his opportunities may be limited this year.

Fletch still as hungry as ever. Let out an almighty FARK when he missed a 40m target by all of 2m in the warm up drill.

Quoted Post

Zerrett out bustled and beat Hepp at a few stoppages today which was great to watch. He's coming along very nicely. His brother as mentioned above, has lifted since coming back from his Hammy. Though, you'd say the inclusion of Cooney, who is in many ways a similar player, will mean his opportunities may be limited this year.

Yeah i think with the sanctions we had go after some older talent that will probably deliver for 2 or so years to give the young ones a chance to develop, as well as having a massive crack at a flag.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Zerrett out bustled and beat Hepp at a few stoppages today which was great to watch. He's coming along very nicely. His brother as mentioned above, has lifted since coming back from his Hammy. Though, you'd say the inclusion of Cooney, who is in many ways a similar player, will mean his opportunities may be limited this year.

Yeah i think with the sanctions we had go after some older talent that will probably deliver for 2 or so years to give the young ones a chance to develop, as well as having a massive crack at a flag.

Worth the crack. Gold Coast will be dominating in 3 years. The time is now.

Quoted Post

Great stuff. BTW if you didn't know Colyer was a gun by now and one of the best kicks at the club then you must have been living under a rock all through 2014.

I agree and have said he will overtake Dempsey. Steinberg will surprise aswell.

Thanks Soft Tissue.

Fine line … Melk definitely is either angry or determined. Melk MUST harness that “emotion” and channel it into a very controlled aggression . If he is picked in the side, he must ensure he is not reported . It will just create a gap for one of his competitors to displace him in the side. On the other hand, there is definite need for "hard at it " players like Melk, You know, the ones that cause the opposition to "hang back’ from a contest. But they must also have the required skillset. Time will tell. IMO Melk is on the cusp of the best 22 maybe as a relief tagger.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Gold Coast will dominate this year and for the next 3 years.

Watch their run and carry this season, best in the comp.

Langford smokey for round 1?

Quoted Post

Langford smokey for round 1?

NAB Cup will tell the tale. Has bucketloads more natural talent than Ambrose. Just a matter of whether he is physically ready. He’ll definitely play senior footy this year.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Gold Coast will dominate this year and for the next 3 years.

Watch their run and carry this season, best in the comp.

With eade at the helm this year it will be interesting to see if he pushes harbrow back. He was one of the best and most deadly running defenders in the comp under eade a few years back.

The idea of malceski Mackenzie and harbrow coming off half back is nothing short of terrifying.

Will also allow them to keep Ablett forward of half
back. Things could come together very quick for GC

Theres a Gold Coast Discussion here guys !
bomberblitz.com/discussion/discussion/2308/season-2015-gold-coast#latest

These reports are amazing plz keep them up!

Just a quick question. Seems Hibbo is flying under the radar this preseason. How is he going??

Had the trip overseas last year following a year with a few injuries. Is he fit? Fitter?

Does Gwilt’s addition free him up a bit more? Heard whispers of little midfield movement this year?

Quoted Post

These reports are amazing plz keep them up!

Just a quick question. Seems Hibbo is flying under the radar this preseason. How is he going??

Had the trip overseas last year following a year with a few injuries. Is he fit? Fitter?

Does Gwilt’s addition free him up a bit more? Heard whispers of little midfield movement this year?

Hibberd is training very well Dempsey is the one most likely to be under pressure - currently in the modified group. These guys have been playing together for a number of years now so they should get better and better as a group.

Gwilt theoretically frees him up a little more but Gwilt is no certainty for best 22 and I don’t know of any plan to move Hibberd into the midfield on any major basis. We will have to wait and see.