Training Mon 12th Dec 2022

He sounds like the second coming of Tom Hawkins.

Hawkins is exceptionally mobile for a big guy. He’s also two inches taller than Kaine, can kick 60 metres and is one of the smartest forwards in the modern era.

7 Likes

And has had silver service from stacked midfields across the entirety of his career.

10 Likes

21 Likes

You added one too many 2’s

Look at his arms tank, Brownlow medal winner in the future

Has weight still around his mid section too lose but it will come off before round 1

I hope he gets somewhere near the early part of Hookers last year forward.

I would argue this is one of his strengths. He puts pressure on players not because his agility is elite but because he’s willing to perform defensive acts.

5 Likes

Baldwin is one who stands out late in games at VFL as a player who can stand up, due to work ethic.

11 Likes

Exactly. His work ethic is great. I don’t care how many ACLs he’s had, he has an appetite to compete at every stage in the game and I love that.

10 Likes

Glad to hear that training is being taken a bit more seriously than in the past. early days yey, but good signs the team is moving in the right direction. Go Bombers and thanks to those who attended and posted their training thoughts.

2 Likes

Great post!!

2 Likes

I was worried walla wouldnt get back to his best. But gee looking at him being so happy and smiling with all the boys around him, you just know that hes going to get back to his best and what a happy story this is going to be!

18 Likes

Walla looked as good as he did a couple of years ago and he moved around the ground well and was very active in training. Nothing to be pessimistic there as long as he keeps it going. A great recruit for 2023!

24 Likes

Its December.

Just wait until February and we will be top 4 locks.

2 Likes

People get so obsessed with having Key Forwards who are super agile & athletic.

I look back at the 93 Premiership side, and our lone Key Forward was Paul Salmon, who couldn’t even pick up a ball off the ground.

As long as our Full Forward is a player who competes, leads at the ball, does the 1 %ers for team mates, takes contested marks, & consistently kicks set shot goals…… and we have an very agile forward line around him. We’ll be fine.

Those big strong, contested marking Key forwards are very important for structure imo.

6 Likes

DSC_9277
Is that Nat Wood the women’s coach doing coaching yesterday?

4 Likes

Interesting Voss training with defenders (for this drill anyway)

16 Likes

A break can do wonders (worked for Ash Barty). Just walking away and knowing you have the strength to do that can be enough to remove the stress and doubts.

It’s very encouraging and pleasing to see him embrace being back.

9 Likes