Training Monday 13/1/14

Top stuff karmabomber, cheers.And jackie.... I am absolutely delighted with the depth, breadth and regularity of these reports. And they're all well-written and get the benefit of your obvious experience as a footy observer'n'talker: you see things the vast majority of us wouldn't. The little bits of overheard coaching and on-field talk are all gold - fans rarely get that sort of thing - and the continuity of certain themes across reports helps make the pre-season meaningful/accessible, i.e. I can't wait to see how the tactics and training principles are reflected in actual matches.I feel as if I should be paying for this service. You'd never have to pay for a beer at a Blitz event, anyway. Thanks very very much, Mr Mihocek.

This

On a serious note, thanks Jackie. Good to see my boys Stein and Dell looking OK. How did Dell go specifically? Was he working on crumbing or goalkicking etc?

Dell is going very well - his role is as a small crumbing, goal kicking forward so this is what he is working on but he is stronger and fitter so the defensive side of his game has improved since he first came to the club.  He is also not shy about having an input to the other forwards which shows that he doesn't lack confidence.

1357096464050.gif

Thanks Jackie!

Hugh Goddard is BJ's nephew isn't he?
Meant to be a pretty highly rated forward in this years draft isn't he?
Maybe getting a look at him due to the BJ connection and contemplating him with pick 18 in the upcoming draft since we are a bit light on key forwards now?

Has really dodgy knee's the poor prick. Will be lucky to play by the time he's 20
Poor bugger, that is disappointing to hear.
I also hear he is a wild party boy.

Joe does look bigger.

Not enough ham…

Excellent read. Cheers.

There was a Huge Goddard training with us?  What happened to our normal-sized one?  Or has he just caught up on the supplements finally?

Hugh is a gun, watched him in the U18 championships last season and was surprised he was only 16. They had him play backline and he dominated

Hugh is a gun, watched him in the U18 championships last season and was surprised he was only 16. They had him play backline and he dominated

So we need to keep the knees and party boy rumours circulating people!

I think Kommer looks noticeably fitter than last year from the photos I’ve seen.

Hugh Goddard is BJ's nephew isn't he?
Meant to be a pretty highly rated forward in this years draft isn't he?
Maybe getting a look at him due to the BJ connection and contemplating him with pick 18 in the upcoming draft since we are a bit light on key forwards now?

Has really dodgy knee's the poor prick. Will be lucky to play by the time he's 20
Poor bugger, that is disappointing to hear.
I also hear he is a wild party boy.

My sources tell me he has a dodgy groin too.
* allegedly.

Just a thought, did Hugh Goddard need permission to train from Vlad? Hope we got it.

I may be in town in a couple of week JM, what times and days are training?

I may be in town in a couple of week JM, what times and days are training?

Hi lee,

Just in case JM is offline, training is scheduled for each Mon, Wed and Fri commencing at 10 a.m and based on the latest advice on the EFC website, this is not changing during January.

So we need to keep the knees and party boy rumours circulating people!

I heard he has dodgey groins knees.

Just a thought, did Hugh Goddard need permission to train from Vlad? Hope we got it.

A heap of the U18's were training with other clubs this week. Not sure how they allocated who went where but it sounds like standard practice probably for them to experience an AFL club.
I'm sure someone like HM with more knowledge of this stuff could explain better.

A heap of the U18's were training with other clubs this week. Not sure how they allocated who went where but it sounds like standard practice probably for them to experience an AFL club.
I'm sure someone like HM with more knowledge of this stuff could explain better.

Every year the level 2 kids in the AIS academy each get a week of training at an AFL club. Last year we had Matt Crouch and Marcus Bontempelli from memory. In the past we've had Kavanagh(who we obviously liked), Sidebottom, Josh Toy and obviously Big Joey train with us.
I'm sure we're more than interested in Hugh but having Brendon at the club is probably a big reason why he's ended up at Essendon for the week.

it was take your nephew to work day at the EFC

I think Kommer looks noticeably fitter than last year from the photos I've seen.

He would most definitely be. A mature ager like him would get huge gains out of the first 3 pre-seasons they would do (note last year would be a 3/4 pre season only), then it slowly lessens each year and is more a maintenance/slow growth thing

I think Kommer looks noticeably fitter than last year from the photos I've seen.

He would most definitely be. A mature ager like him would get huge gains out of the first 3 pre-seasons they would do (note last year would be a 3/4 pre season only), then it slowly lessens each year and is more a maintenance/slow growth thing

Makes his first year even more impressive.