Training report Friday Jan 18

Still nothing showing on Google in last hour, as of 13.30 19/1/2019
or the clubs twitter feed.

An emotional journey this thread is

1 Like

people are seriously expecting an update? zerret probably doesn’t even know what the fark is wrong with him yet.

1 Like

You were only at it for an hour…hmmmm🤔

WHY AREN’T THE CLUB SAYING ANYTHING? WHAT ARE THEY HIDING?

3 Likes

2 Likes

Chafing.

That is exactly what @Sameolds2010 would do.

giphy

1 Like

Nah, I heard it was an ankle injury…

3 Likes

la la la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la la

livin anda workin on the land

2 Likes

44 Likes

Hawcazzo is typing an email as we speak

2 Likes

Tom browne saying nasty knee injury but not acl.

Aka nfi

1 Like

Early onset ankle sprain.

15 Likes

Spending the entirety of my panic $$ on this. We fkded

Wowsers at 255am.
What was Zerrett doing training at that time?

3 Likes

Training Notes: 18 Jan 2019

Firstly – the weather. What farked up weather, even for Melbourne. Starts off 30d, by 9.45 it’s muggy and I’m breaking out in a sweat. 10.15, sun is raging down and I’m uncomfortable. 1020, light drizzle. Stops. Starts. Stops – sun raging. Clouds. More clouds. 10 minutes later, driving rain, followed promptly by harsh sun, then lightning and hail. Just fark off.

This was a longer session than usual – almost 3 hours. Ricky Dyson was kicking 60m torps.

Had a brief chat with Shiel who was upbeat about the season, feeling good, couldn’t give a fark about AFLX, looking forward to JLT.

Anyway – boys came out at 1000 on the knocker. First four out were Mozzie, Hird, Gown & Ham. Fanta, Oirish & Redman walked laconically around the big track, then increased their speed and urgency to ‘standard walking pace’ for a second lap.

Gleeks & Oirish wearing ‘Fragile White’ singlets. Heppell was present, but did not train. Saad unsighted. I reckon Gleeks is about 2 weeks away from joining the main group.

Very light warm up and stretches preceded a 10 minute meeting in the hanger, from whence the boys re-emerged and began training proper. Joey, Hooksey & Laverde went directly to Oval 2 and began light laps. Laverde performed light tasks barefoot, as did Redman. On Redman – we often compare him to Goddard because he looks a bit like him and plays in a similar position. Noted today that he is more balanced in torso/legs ratio and overall larger framed – a lot more than BJ was when his age. I don’t think they play much like each other either, by the way. His training today consisted of light high-stepping, getting that ankle and calf working and loose. His work was slow and mechanical and precise.

Mason Fletcher is slowly filling out to my mind. I reckon he’s put on about 10kg of muscle since this time last year. Not far away from his dad’s size when he began.

A few drills including stop/start bursts then handball, focussing on driving the knees to generate acceleration. Another for the small forwards Walla, Houla, Begs & Bags – gruelling running, sprints, weaving around poles, then snapping for goal – and repeat until almost vomit-time. Calls of ‘you’re forwards – kick goals!”, and “catch him, pass him!!”.

Belly & Drapes trained close to each other throughout and seemed to have a nice relationship.

We also had some of the first full-ground match sims with Eleni once again umpiring. Hurls matched up on Stewart and broke even. Shiel made a lovely dodge/shimmy around Stringer who looked ■■■■■■ off. Stringer did get back at him later with a bit of manhandling. I was a bit disappointed with Stringer today. He is running stiltedly. Short steps. Trailing others. Ok I’ll put my foot in it – he does not look fit to me. Long continues to impress with his field kicking.

Merret went down with what seemed to be a knee, and there was a general concern from everyone around. He went into the hanger.

Who impressed me today –

Begley – running extremely well. Looks powerful. Tackled strongly, kicked very well. Aggressive.
Myers – kicking, midfield nous.
Guelfi – is starting to be a lynchpin. Finds the right spots, distributes well, always in the thick of it, makes play.
Ridley & Smack – marking and body-work. Smack continues his confident strides forward.

Jok again spent time on midfield drills, as did Francis. Zerk & Francis broke even in marking drills.

To wind up – there was a funny and telling moment in the match sim. Zerk was playing on Smack, who as I mentioned has not faded away. Smack cornered and led back towards goal as the ball seemed to be heading in, with Zerk spinning with him and lightly grabbing his arm. Smack literally whacks Zerks cap off his head and then accelerates, taking the incoming mark. Zerk was not amused, but Smack was :slight_smile:

64 Likes

…and when did Tom Browne steal that report?
Most people saying it’s ankle, scans reveal no problems.
If it was serious @Deckham you would be all over it!

1 Like