Training report Friday Jan 18

65 days to get the ankle right. The professional will do everything to get back to 100% by then. He’ll do the oxygen chamber and whatever else needed. Providing it’s not major ligament damage Merrett should be right for round 1. Here’s hoping

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think so, Tom

16 Likes

So basically he’ll resume one year after Joe does.

2 Likes

2-3wks in moonboot. 2wks building up running/movement again.

Back in full training after 5 perhaps

Fark JLT … and also Fark Carlton

3 Likes

And fark Tom Browne.
Sideways.
With a pickaxe.

4 Likes

hahaha - ok - ahm…
Scoring - Begs, Walla, Bags, Houla
Running - Walla, Bags, Houla, Begs
Agility - Walla, Houla, Bags, Begs
Style - Begs, Walla, Bags, Houla
Hair - Walla, Bags, Begs, Houla
Wardrobe - all equal

14 Likes

2022?

2 Likes

Just before he fell, I was thinking to myself that he has stepped up to another level - he is like a little rhino - determined, tough, uncompromising, relentless. Then he screamed and fell.

1 Like

Screamed first then fell? This was STAGED!

3 Likes

That’s EFC-speak for a career ending amputation to be performed.

The incessant acrimony and moaning surrounding the clubs injury management and messaging is getting pretty tiresome. It’s not like we are the only club that have players that get injured. Why on earth supporters feel the right to demand detailed injury information within one hour of a player going down at a preseason training session is IMO utterly ridiculous.

EDIT: We get unbelievable access and detail regarding injuries to be quite honest - probably even to the point where the club have decided to compromise on some occasional risk of players specific sore spots being ‘exposed’ to opposition roughing up - in return for the value of giving better supporter insight. Reckon we have it pretty good.

19 Likes

‘Clearer picture of his return to training once the swelling in the affected ankle subsides” … hmmm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-essendon-star-zach-merrett-suffers-ankle-sprain-at-training/news-story/ca0fa790bf6ebd61c82c535ceb81c7c9

To the point where people are complaining about the music on the injury report video. unbelievable scenes here on blitz

3 Likes

I’m blaming @Killer_Mike

1 Like

To the point where we’re complaining about people complaining about the music on the injury video.

1 Like

I’m thinking Jordanesque rehab, ice/heat rotations every 20 min 24/7 during the playoffs in whatever series it was.

META

3 Likes

Yeah well, as long as you’re first it’s all good. The rest doesn’t matter. That’s how journalism works these days.

7 Likes

I blame all the guys calling him soft 12 months ago😊

1 Like

I don’t demand detailed injury reports the second after a player is injured. I don’t think anybody does?!

The issue most fans (many of whom are paid up members) have with Essendons injury reports is that they have a history of being lying liars who lie a lot

2 Likes