Training report - Saturday 30th January 2021

Has been more modified group today

Any match ups worth noting?

Like this.

5 Likes

Looks like Kyle Dunkley is out there.

4 Likes

What happened to Clarke?? I must have missed it in the reports.

Been no contested marks for anyone but he has led well and his kicking inside 50 has been sublime

3 Likes

At this early stage and only based on the two sessions I have attended I see Stewart and Cahill as big improvers.

18 Likes

Nature abhors a vacuum.

5 Likes

Not sure to be honest. There was a mention in here somewhere but I forgot what the issue was.

This is the kind of shrewd move that we need to do more of imo.
Get him on a contract because that will significantly improve our chances of luring Josh here again next off season.
I hope thats what we are going for.

It seems like we are putting all our best users of the ball in the backline now, which I absolutely love. Same strategy with drafting the two lads who are both known for their foot skills also.

6 Likes

With the loss of Saad and McKenna it was inevitable.

If we get the forward press working I can see somebody like Stewart having a big impact with his delivery into forward 50.

2 Likes

How’s Walla going?

1 Like

Caldwell, Wright updates?

The train on guys?

Geez I hope not.

2 Likes

Injury report Jan 20
“Dylan unfortunately sustained an ankle injury in our last session before the Christmas break. We hoped that it would settle over the break, but unfortunately it was more sinister than we wished,” head of high performance Sean Murphy said.

“He’s gone in for surgery on Saturday to get a clean out, and that will hinder his pre-season preparation for about two months. It’s going to be a gradual build-up for ‘Clarkey’, but hopefully we can get him back early in the season.”

5 Likes

Looks like a bit of gardening wouldn’t go astray.

1 Like

Caldwell only took part in the early drills and then just did laps, Wright has been ok

1 Like

Cox watch?

Behave yourself you filthy animal

4 Likes