Training Report - Thursday 2019-01-10

Shiel looks up to the balcony and thinks;

‘Fark, there’s more here than any Giants home game’

3 Likes

Is he only running straight lines with continual running, or is he also changing directions and stop starting?
Has he done any kicking?

An earlier report mentioned directional stuff but nothing intense and no burst activity, but was kicking for goal

1 Like

l admit, l thought something similar.

So pretty much exactly how he looked in the intra club last Feb.

We have ■■■■■■ this up so so hard.

4 Likes

Some obvious concerns early.

Joe, McKenna, Smith and then a host of youngsters miles off.

If we have a host of players not ready for rd 1 then the entire fitness staff needs to be sacked

Blitz be blitzin

1 Like

Not sure about that. I think Crowe has been very good.

I’m just do t want this used as an excuse/reason for failure.

We come up with a new one every year.

1 Like

Warning signs of under delivering again are emerging.
Daniher, Smith, McKenna, Begley, Gleeson and Redman still not 100%. Parish, TBC, Fantasia and probably a few others have had interrupted preseasons too. That’s a quarter of our list and all are worthy of senior selection.
The bright side is they are all running. One- two good months of training is all they’ll need. All are pretty fit players and not coming from as far back as Stringer.

2 Likes

Yeah no more exucses for this team Pies had injuries to key players all year and almost won a GF

2 Likes

It’s going to happen isn’t it? every frickin year their is hope and then it just ends up in disapointment.

I am investing all my pre season panic dollars into JOEDAN.

Just like last year.

2 Likes

Yep, not panic stations just yet.

I would have liked to see more games into the younger guys so they are better prepared to step up in the absense of some of the bigger names.

I actually rate Crow so I’m hopeful he’s got them dialed into perfection.

1 Like

It’s hard to say, history has shown both clubs having the perfect run of injuries and injury riddled seasons having success.

Yeh I’m the same. I have the bomber goggles on and just have the assumption that the players not 100% are doing more strength and conditioning then if they were with the main training group. And that there also getting in just as much fitness at low intensity by swimming and doing laps etc.

In Daniher’s case I’m assuming he’s stronger and fitter then he ever has been but avoiding over doing it. I’m hoping behind closed doors in a controlled environment he’s doing body work and small loads of high intensity running. 4-6 weeks of match sim to get his touch back on the lead, in the air, by foot and managing himself when off balance is all I hope he needs to tick off from here until round 1.

4 Likes

Even if they are not ready we should have the depth now to cover it.

As a club we really need to start dealing with adversity better.

We have had enough practice recently😊

Fixed.

5 Likes

Sack Dodoro, burn down the Hangar. Is that ow it goes?

Good grief. Get a grip man, but not so tight you strangle the chook.

3 Likes

Panic merchants are out in force at the moment

4 Likes