Training report - Thursday 21 January 2021

Stewart and Cahill training as backmen is ridiculous.
Unless Smith or Snelling are moving to a permanent small fwd position then besides Walla we won’t have any pressure inside the fwd line. Stewart I can understand if Hooker and Hurley are going to move fwd to finish their careers. But relying on them to tandem with Wright or Jones does not bring me confidence. Stringer cannot be relied upon to play as the second tall so there should be competition to fill them two roles and there’s definitely a space for another small forward.

Just looked through the photos on the club website. I don’t think there has been enough mention of just how fit Jake Stringer looks. Forget borderline flying, he has launched. He would have to be 4-5 kg’s lighter than last year. That spare tire around his waist is entirely gone.

8 Likes

That’s what I imagine they’re doing. Smith can’t play midfield anymore and can’t play in the backline either. Caldwell coming rightfully pushes Snelling out of the midfield group as well

2 Likes

Snelling. Now there’s a guy I don’t reckon I’ve heard about all pre-season. Almost forgot about him!

1 Like

sorry for the bad taste joke.
I thought he was referring to all of us reading rather than working.

1 Like

Accomodation rentals, mainly short term athough some times longer. We just had the guys that ran the DRS system at the cricket leave today after 2 months in Melbourne.

In March within 2 days we went from strong reliable business to having $65,000 pm fixed expenses and zero income. That was some fun times.

After an incredibly difficult lockdown (including being beaten up by some French guys having an illegal party the day after moving in on a 5 month lease) we manged to just scrape through. Now with the recent border closures all bookings from interstate in the last 3 weeks have cancelled with no new interstate bookings. Winter looks incredibly bleak, I don’t know how we’ll get through it with the current state government policies (or all tourism and hospitality related businesses in the whole CBD area for that matter).

If we have to close I have no idea what I would do but I most likely wouldn’t be able to get to training.

We have 2, 3 and 4 bedroom apartments and a 7 bedroom mansion in St Kilda.
Here’s an example of one of our apartments, a 3 bedroom penthouse on Flinders Street.

10% off all published prices for Blitzers and their friends.
Sorry for the little advertising spiel, but any help would be most appreciated.

87 Likes

Sorry to hear the devastation covid-19 has had on you and others- I’ve been fortunate with work at least.

Flick the links to the properties Nackers so there is areas at least an idea of the properties and pricing etc.

You know this raises a good point for another Blitz category. We should always look after our own, whether that be family or friends, so I suspect there is a good opportunity for some free self promotion for those that may well have been hit by hard times.

I’m unsure if the mods would like it or not, but in the absence of personal acquaintances is nice to have business recommendations!

New thread?

35 Likes

Great idea mate, its time we work together as people more than ever.

4 Likes

Yes I agree, I think that’s a fantastic idea, it could really help a lot of people an here.

2 Likes

Just a thought- With valentines day coming up, maybe you can offer a quick package to take advantage of that?
Even partner up with a restaurant in town to create a 2 x night stay + dinner experience?

2 Likes

Yep. If Draper positions himself on one wing for a kick-out, the KP forwards a little deeper dragging their tall defenders away, what does an opposition do against Cox on the other wing? Could actually make our kick-ins effective! :laughing:

Ouch nackers. Sorry to hear that.

4 Likes

Is this real or shopped?

Just got it from the footy clubs instagram

Nice, he looks fully sic!

1 Like

Imagine waking up in that apartment, gorgeous.

1 Like

Looks like the Collins Square development. I worked a little in the first building (KPMG), really lovely building. Pre-COVID quite a lot of facilities, with the Merchant St. Woolworths close by, right on Southern Cross with multiple Flinders & Collins st trams in the free tram zone. Lovely area.

@nackers - beaten up by a few french guys?! WTF?

Also have you engaged the Club? No doubt they could use some real estate for draftees etc or new staff re locating?

1 Like

You’ve given so much on this website you deserve all the help you can get.

11 Likes

Highly recommend checking out some of @karmabomber’s work on Instagram with some great shots from yesterday’s session. :ok_hand:t2:

4 Likes