Training report - Wednesday 6 January 2021

We at first thought Misiti might be McBride, they look very similar height and build, although Misiti is more solid than McBride was when we last saw him. But he’s definitely more than 192.

Wanganeen is also definitely bigger than 174, he and Moore looked a similar size, maybe Moore a little bigger but i would say he’s also grown from 182.

11 Likes

Er…who is Moore?

4 Likes

I would think he would be another key position. He’s also probably still growing.

1 Like

Nathan Lovett-Murrays- son

23 Likes

Any chance Misiti plays as a Big Bodied mid?

8 Likes

@Heffsgirl is going to teach her kids how to make Tex Wanganeen dolls as a holiday project, and then confiscate them for herself.

6 Likes

A Cripps type would be nice. Probably what smokin joe would have been if he was 196cm!

6 Likes

Unusual that all the Hird kids are so much shorter than their dad.

3 Likes

Joe was one of the bigger midfielders in the league, when he was playing.

He’d be now considered an average height for a midfielder

1 Like

I’m a little worried about our father/son stocks in 2040 if TBC, Hooker, Hurley, Zaharakis etc don’t get cracking soon. Jobe can’t carry this on his own.

8 Likes

Smokin’ Joe loved watching that bloke play.

What about Mercs does he have a kid?

Possibly, he certainly looks agile and he would be a really big boy in the role, but I haven’t seen anywhere near enough to have any idea at this stage.

If he has any of the ball gathering instincts of his father he could be anything with his size.

5 Likes

I’m already planning my strategy for 2021 given my disappointing showing in 2020. I’m going to produce a series of (fake) training reports from inside The Hangar, and then freak out and go Full Nino.
That should get me an extra vote in the prestigious Blitzlow.
Maybe I should also stop telling Blitzers they suck, but that’s hard because we all know it’s true.

5 Likes

Tim basically did

1 Like

Very promising for Wanganeen in particular with that growth spurt as he really needs it

5 Likes

I find it positive that Tex has come back to Melbourne to do this, I would have expected him to be in Adelaide over the holidays

5 Likes

lol no, the average mid height in the AFL has to be 185-187cm.

The was an article that suggested Tex’s move to Melbourne had nothing to do with Essendon and that Port are still very much in the picture. The article was from the Guardian Newspaper.

Yeah, Joe was 186cm.

Big midfielder for the 90’s and average midfield height for 2020.

3 Likes

He schools in Melbourne. But most scholarship kids aren’t back yet.

The Davey’s for instance.

Tex would have come home early to do this

4 Likes