Training Sat 21st Jan of some year before 2023

Nailed it! :ok_hand:

I genuinely wonder if you shitpost this sort of nonsense for fun. Maybe because you just enjoy watching everyone take the bait to the point where every ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  thread on blitz gets derailed?

Or do you really, actually think itā€™s credible to say that we wasted that pick on Reid, at this point in his career?

6 Likes

you seem to have taken the bait.

5 Likes

I think Nino just genuinely posts what pops into his head and then vigorously defends itā€¦ā€¦.for 500 posts.

24 Likes

How long have Eyre and Brand been in the system for now 3-4 years?

1 Like

I think Reid is going through growing pains still once he gets over that hurdle I think will be a fantastic defender with massive athletic ability

1 Like

Going into their second year as drafted players.

2 Likes

Eyre has been on our list longer than 2 years??

Seems like anyway but yes 2020 draft

This is his second year coming up.

Hardly panic stations but disappointing he doesnā€™t seem to be getting a clear run still.

2 Likes

The way Shiel prepares for footy is incredible. Was like that at the Giants as well.

We are lucky to have him. His professionalism pulls everyone along with him.

18 Likes

I liked Tanner. Seems to have a bit of an edge about him. Nevertheless Archie is very interesting, who I assume was who we earmarked in his place.

What is that stands out about Lord?

Same draft as Cox & Perkins, just starting their second pre-season.

5 Likes

I donā€™t question Shielā€™s professionalism, but I do query whether he can take his game to the next level. He needs to look back to how Jobe transformed himself into a brownlow medalist despite being a poor kick. Play within your limitations etc.

Heā€™s a very good player. Maybe we have some better ones.

What I meant by the post is heā€™s worth more to the club than what he produces on the weekend.

3 Likes

By not kicking the ball?

Excited to hear Shiel is going well. If he had a big year he could take the team to the next level!

This fits my feelings of the draft pretty closely. Reid MUST be exceptional to warrant drafting him when we had two talls in the academy about to come in.

My view of list building is elite talent is an incremental improvement over an average talent. Sometimes that increment isnā€™t overly impactful.

If Reid isnā€™t a 10/10 defender vs Brand/Eyre only becoming 6/10, itā€™s an over investment. If Brand/Eyre become 8/10, or Reid doesnā€™t hit his potential, then we really should have taken another type of player. A +4 vs the alternative is valuable, a +1 or 2 less so.

Weā€™ve got other positions on the field that could desperately use a +4 injection of talent.

That being said, Iā€™m backing Reid in to become what Dodoro predicted. Nothing at this point says heā€™s a success or failure. We can hindsight warrior this battle in 2-3 years time.

6 Likes

I always thought we took Reid instead of Bruhn, because we got Caldwell during that trade period. Reid was always going to take a few years to full develop.

People need to chill. Itā€™s way too early.

27 Likes

Depends - I donā€™t think you can look at drafts in isolation. There appeared to be far better tall depth in the 2020 draft pool compared to 2021, and we probably knew that some currency is needed to get the Davey twins through the door in 2022.

May have been an element of making sure we actually had a decent reservoir of developing tall players, knowing in advance the next crack weā€™d have at a decent tall was 2023.

6 Likes