Training Sat 21st Jan of some year before 2023

Eyre was drafted as a forward and its unlikely all 3 are even good enough for AFL, there are always hits and misses and recruiters have to plan for that.

2 Likes

Just on Reid there was little doubt GWS were absolutely desperate for him. Adrian Caruso rated him extremely highly.

12 Likes

ā€œwaste of a pickā€ and I get accused of tolling on here fmd

I actually said a few posts down Iā€™m not writing the kid off ā€œwaste of a pickā€ as in we could have used it on another player is what mean

In no way shape or form I was saying Ried is a waste

1 Like

Gws posted that behind the draft video and from that it seemed there rankings were the top five (mcdonald, dgb, phillips, hollands, thilthorpe in some order) and then reid, bruhn, chapman, stone.

1 Like

Reid has a lovely strong penetrating right foot kick.

Looking forward to seeing him ā€œreallyā€ debut. (That pouring torrential rain in Brissy doesnā€™t count, specially on a tall kid)

3 Likes

There was one play where Lord ran into trouble and McGrath waa about to tackle him. He actually did an amazing side step and ran around him and it showed his body movement is uniqueā€¦ for the better

39 Likes

When I saw highlights of Lord I thought he played a little like an Irishman, those unpredictable movements and running patterns.

4 Likes
20 Likes

Just spoke to Reid at the Aus Open.
He seems to have put on a fair bit of weight and is really filling out. He said that he was fit and healthy and ready to go but I doubt he would tell me otherwise.

You sometimes forget how tall these blokes are as Iā€™m 6 foot and he monstered me for height.
Well mannered young man.

He mentioned the players were going away tomorrow for a camp and he was behaving and staying off the ā– ā– ā– ā– .

70 Likes

Reid is bigger now if you zoom into Charlieā€™s awesome photo. Was good to see him this week at the very start of training. He only does handball drills but you never sense something major is up.

18 Likes

by not kicking beyond his limitations. Jobe became very good at the stab pass.

Tex
Davey x2
Hird x2

Iā€™m pretty excited

3 Likes

One of the drills yesterday was a 3v2 stoppage with the attacking team then delivering the footy inside 50 to a leading target. Ben Hobbs really stood out here. Really liked the way he delivered the footy

16 Likes

Is he line dancing?

Reid is also smaller now if you zoom out of Charlieā€™s awesome photo.

2 Likes

39 Likes

Great comparison mate .

2 Likes

From twig to stick. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

His really starting to branch out

14 Likes

Lol at Stringer doing a double take.

4 Likes