Training Sat 21st Jan of some year before 2023

If only we had 2 of him.

7 Likes

Might develop tree trunks for legs.

1 Like

Be careful, Whatley will see that and call us drug cheats again

2 Likes

Anyone heard anything further re jonesā€™ knee injury mentioned above?

Knee injuries make me sick and can be innocuous.

For those who were interested in seeing Essendon trainingā€¦ please note there is no session tomorrow while players are on a camp

3 Likes

Any comments on THird?

Exciting we may also have a WHird too.

1 Like

Gee, he never washes that hat, does he!?

8 Likes

In regards to Reid, many people had him in front of Cox in the draft. Heā€™s only been in the system for a year. I personally think weā€™ll end up with two great players.

3 Likes

Please keep in mind that the knock he received is not even confirmed yet, as happening to the knee.

1 Like

It was very minor. He went to take a speccy on the bag and slipped as he went to take off and fell on his back/side hard. The boys there were having a laugh about it.

Considering the lighter run it was yesterday, I think the club just told him to back off for the remainder of the session

5 Likes

Reid is an athletic 200cm beautiful long kicking player with natural defensive instincts. Considering he is a defender, Iā€™m confident he will eventually become a quality senior player EVEN IF he was injured like Gumbleton for 6+ years. The problem for Gumby was that he lost so much development time playing CHF the hardest position on the field.

In my mind Reid is a sure thing regardless of future injuries.

Laverde was taking it easy for his big day at Rivas mini festival Saturday arvo. Was in good spirits

3 Likes

We eernt necessarily going to pick Brand thoughā€¦ we did pass on our 2nd last pick rememeber before he was then bidded on

Great news, cheers. :+1:t2:

Are they usually @9am or thereabouts? Thanks

The other element is the odds are always that some donā€™t work out. Given where our midfield is at, over-investing in talls wasn necessarily a bad move.

Thatā€™s not Stringer, thatā€™s Phillips and Francis.

1 Like

Phillips and Francis, Stringer and Stringer, Davey and Davey, Hird and Hirdā€¦ BT is going to have a nightmare commentating.

4 Likes

Agreed. With the addition of Baldwin to Cox, Reid, Brand and Eyre, we shouldnā€™t need to spend draft picks on talls for another 2 years. It sets us up perfectly to focus on talent around the ground.

Taking Reid in that scenario would only happen if heā€™s seen as a probable elite player. Considering Dodoroā€™s track record with drafting key position players, Iā€™m optimistic.

But that doesnā€™t change the fact that I was a bit stunned on draft night when we took 4 talls from 5 picks. Was a completely left field move.

The Richmond bid on Eyre was the spanner in the works. That changed things, Iā€™ve no idea who it was but we had a smaller player in the sights at that stage.

Weā€™ll know in another year or so how that draft shapes up for us.