Training Saturday 6/6/20

This club suffers from a selective posting curse.

Poor form with this post nino.

2 Likes

I don’t know who you are Nino, but I have no doubt about your passion for the Bombers.

As far as footy is concerned, thats all that matters. Love your club and love the players who put their bodies on the line in every game and at training.

Do you go to games Nino? I don’t mean that in a rude way. Tell us a bit about yourself and your love for the Bombers.

1 Like

I go to games all the time but the last year or 2 have slowed down. if it’s an early Sunday game I prefer to stay at home and watch it on the telly love going Friday and Saturday night my favourite time slot for footy.

Was a member a for a few years until i stopped in 2009 couldn’t afford a membership ever year but yeah.

My love for the Dons goes all the way back to ‘93’ my primary school was a 10 minute drive from Windy Hill so my school would always have Essendon players come visit had kick to kick with Long,Bewick,Paul Salmon,Ricky Olarenshaw,Alessio gave me pointers on how to kick a footy which which blew me away ahaha

20 Likes

The factor that really hurts is the type. Both Tippa and Fantasia is not good. Also two that are typically reliable in front of goal.

The Hangar is a cold windswept soulless sort of place. I am not surprised hamstrings, quads and calves tend to go ping there.

I also honestly believe its a horrible place to train skills.

Repetitive kicking in windy conditions does nothing for you.

1 Like

And Windy Hill was better in that regard ?

Maybe that’s why they do a lot of training inside.

Statistically speaking, yes.

Though it depends how you rate raw wind speed versus wind effects of buildings etc.

1 Like

Memes aside, Hooker really should’ve been sent forward this preseason; Laverde, Stewart, Stringer, McKernan, Gown - none of these guys can play FF against the number 1 defender. Hooker we know won’t be beaten outright and will at least bring the ball to ground level. And they certainly wouldn’t have been planning for or at least relying on Daniher playing much footy in 2020

I’m not so sure there were times where Hooker looked cooked playing forward too

Let him finish his career as a backman

If we are going by how he finished the year in 2019, then he should just hang up the boots

1 Like

Hooker dragged us over the line against GWS as a kpf last year. One of the best by a key forward at efc in recent memory… not that anyone seems to actual remember it.

8 Likes

Trust me, sitting in line with his last shot for goal, that was an unforgettable finish

3 Likes

He was injured all preseason.

He had two very, very good quarters forward last year.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Training report Wednesday 10 June 2020