Training the Twelve Suspended Players

I actually hope they're off having a break before worrying about training.

I don’t. I hope they are in full swing cos they will need to play soon once they go ahead with an appeal.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12558804_1684035758540643_1686175941_n.jpg this was taken one week ago apparently

One of the 12 has really let their hair go …

a hypothetical that could relate to any banned person.;

seeing as they are not allowed to compete in any wada goverened sport, can a person in that time period of the ban go out and literally dope themselves up to the eyeballs, get themselves bigger, stronger faster and the like, and come back and they couldn’t touch them, well as long as they timed their programs to end before they are required to start being tested again ?

other than keeping an eye out on the restrictions of the bans ala not allowed to go to or train at the main facility, not allowed to be in the rooms before or after games, etc etc what scope do wada have over players.
would be pretty rough if the players who were banned still had to follow all of their protocols, just cos.

Do banned players get drug tested? If not, they might as well get on the gear (as they are cheats)in the eyes of the majority. They should all come back as super humans after their high altitude training in Russia.

I’m not sure what good it’ll do getting on the gear. As soon as it wears off, it’s up to the player to try and maintain that level during training and playing.

They are drug tested as normal…as has been already mentioned in this thread.

They are drug tested as normal...as has been already mentioned in this thread.

Yes many times
Also quite comical that people would think a banned athlete wouldn’t get tested during their ban
If anything I’d expect the 34 to get tested more this year than every other athlete in Australia combined (outside any Olympic medallists)

That said, if they went and trained at some obscure town in the middle of Levanon good luck to any testers that went to go find them (which was exactly my friends plan to make the Australian weightlifting team lol)

Yes many times
Also quite comical that people would think a banned athlete wouldn’t get tested during their ban
If anything I’d expect the 34 to get tested more this year than every other athlete in Australia combined (outside any Olympic medallists)

That said, if they went and trained at some obscure town in the middle of Levanon good luck to any testers that went to go find them (which was exactly my friends plan to make the Australian weightlifting team lol)

Don’t think people didn’t think they wouldn’t get tested, moreso the fact that they are no longer competing in a wada controlled sport, they aren’t getting paid, they aren’t able to be around anyone from their former team etc etc yet they are still suppose to abide by their rules of wada, which is ludicrous.

The biggest lol bit would be if they still have to inform the club of their where abouts so the club can inform asada, ala the carlisle debacle

again think it’s more a commentary on wada’s yet agian bullshit policies rather than being naive thinking they won’t be tested or the like.
essentially the players have been kicked out of wada’s cubbyhouse but they still want you to abide by their rules and will enforce their rules outside of said cubbyhouse. it’s bullshit.

As they can still be tested while banned, I assume they still have to let the club know there wherebouts at all times.
How does this work if they are not allowed any contact with the club?

Yes many times

Yeah yeah yeah…but they can have the good Thymosin, right? Right??

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12558804_1684035758540643_1686175941_n.jpg this was taken one week ago apparently

One of the 12 has really let their hair go …

…and have really let their pectoral muscles to become more pronounced too.

An obvious sign that the side effects of the supplements program are beginning to take effect now.

I now fear for any of their unborn children.

As they can still be tested while banned, I assume they still have to let the club know there wherebouts at all times. How does this work if they are not allowed any contact with the club?

The club isn’t allowed to aid them with training, nutritional advise etc. I’d imagine they’re still allowed contact for the purposes of testib
If not, the players will go directly to ASADA rather than through the club (which is what 90% of athletes have to do anyway)

My Mrs does a good Zoomba class in Epping one night a week. I would encourage the boys to get some variety into their training. Plus there are a few good sorts there as well.

Could they play for A section amateurs?

No, otherwise it’d probably be safe to assume they would all have ‘coincidentally’ signed as individuals to run around for St Bernards or someone out this way without knowing they would be playing with each other.

Q for anybody with a training background.

Given they now have 12 months of training without the hits and damage of an AFL season. Does that mean they could put in some serious gains a cross the board in prep for 2017 preseason that a normal AFL player couldn’t?

Given they now have 12 months of training without the hits and damage of an AFL season. Does that mean they could put in some serious gains a cross the board in prep for 2017 preseason that a normal AFL player couldn’t?

No training background here…

But listening to Ryan Crowley tells me this may very well be the case.

No training background here…

But listening to Ryan Crowley tells me this may very well be the case.

For older blokes it may freshen them up. Jobe would be someone that would benefit more than anyone with effectively 18 months of not playing, given he missed most of the 2nd half of last year. Body-wise he will feel as good as he ever would, but of course mentally he may want out of the game, which you can understand. Hocking would be another given the wretched run of injury he had last year…

Nope. Can't participate in any sport where the governing body is a signatory to the WADA code.

I don’t know why they have to train under someone. Surely they know how to go for a run and lift some heavy things by now?

Nope. Can't participate in any sport where the governing body is a signatory to the WADA code.

I don’t know why they have to train under someone. Surely they know how to go for a run and lift some heavy things by now?

It’s simple. Start the Neu Australian Football Association - it will be set up as the governing body for a sport with identical rules (minus the corruption) to the AFL. Just need to convince some ex-Australian Football players to swap codes.