Training Thursday 10/12/20

Thanks for the reports @nackers. You mentioned that training was a little more physical today. Just wondering if there are still restrictions on how much contact the players can have and/or restrictions on numbers training together?

Fletch used to play on smalls, if you’re good enough, you take all comers.

1 Like

Imagine if Jones & Eyre could form a Lloyd & Lucas type pairing.

Both Calder boys.
Both Essendon supporters.
Both have a huge upside.

15 Likes

No I don’t think there are restrictions, they did break into smaller groups at times but they also did drills with the whole group involved.

1 Like

You would be surprised - Christian Bale gained 30kg of pure muscle in 5 months for Batman (steroid free).

You can do a lot in your down time if you’re extremely, extremely motivated

Thanks again nackers.

1 Like

What would be stopping Johnson training fully? Didn’t he do that ACL in about July 2019?

3 Likes

Must admit i asked the very same question today to Nackers.

3 Likes

Could have done a mild string whilst coming back, and took a step back for a little while.

Pretty common coming back from reco’s.

4 Likes

Cocaine is also one hell of a PED

Or getting paid mega bucks

No, you just think it is at the time.

1 Like

Are you talking about the first Batman?

He made the Machinist less than a year before Batman.

2 Likes

Body comp can change very quickly in professional athletes. However a more likely scenario is the players have a tan cos it is Summer, and have been doing a lot of weights ahead of a running centric pre-season.

Most weights would be done pre season, very little during season.

1 Like

I got told a long time ago that it’s very hard to put on any size during the season while training hard and playing regularly.
But in 10 weeks you can definitely put on 3 or 4kg (I did it a few times myself this year, lol), and if they’d dropped the games and some running (15km less a week) and changed to boxing etc it would definitively impact their shape.

1 Like

He had a setback last year, needed to get a tidy up

1 Like

Any observations on how Hird looks in the drills? Not so much his size and running etc, as his skills and whether he looks up to standard.

1 Like

Hahahahah he absolutely wasnt steroid free

Dont ever believe that actors are steroid free

6 Likes

He hasn’t been involved in the drills yet, just running both days and a bit of ball handling with Heppell on Monday.

I’ve heard the club have good expectations of him though, and he looks more of a footballers build now compared to last year when he was very light framed.

11 Likes

In the pictures I’ve seen, his lower half looks good and solid, but his arms are very skinny and far from strong enough for an AFL player. Is that a fair comment?