Training Thursday Feb 13th - in Bendigo

Couldn’t see this mentioned - something for those in the Bendigo area (and beyond) to keep in mind.

Bendigo open training session confirmed

The Bombers will host an open training session in Bendigo for their 2020 AFL community camp.

The Bombers have confirmed that an open training session will be held in Bendigo at 10:30am on Thursday, February 13.

Essendon’s session will be held at Queen Elizabeth Oval, with fans being able to watch the Bombers continue fine-tuning their preparations ahead of the side’s first pre-season match against West Coast on February 27.

The open training session will also include a player signing session post-training, presenting fans with the opportunity to get up close and personal with their favourite Essendon players.

The Bombers will spend two days in the regional Victorian town as part of the club’s 2020 AFL community camp.

Stay tuned to the Bombers’ social media accounts and website for further updates and coverage across the community camp.

5 Likes

Unable to attend the training at the QEO :slightly_frowning_face:(am working), am attending the dinner that night though :slightly_smiling_face: at The Bendigo Club, which is just a 5 minute walk from my place. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 2.41.59 pm

10 Likes

3 Likes
5 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thread must have dropped like a rock not long after starting.

Hadn’t even seen it. :frowning_face:

( … :thinking:shoulda bumped, …)

In warm conditions the players began with light drills, before a series of half ground match sims. [insert-assistant-coach-name] would interupt every few mins to point out something about positioning. At one point he called the whole group together. I’m not sure what he said, but everyone laughed and it seemed to be in reference to [player].

The standout for me was [player]. Very clean with hands, and burst out of the pack a few times. Liked the intensity that [player] brought. Also good was [defender] who took a few good intercept marks, made easier by some loopy deliveries inside 50. [Prospective draftee] did some nice thngs, but didn’t get a lot of the ball.

Other things to note:

• [player] has really filled out. Think this could be his year.
  • [player] is taller than I realised; though it could just be the grass.
  • [player] kicked a nice goal from the pocket.
  • I spoke to [assistant coach] about [player]. Not training today, but they are expecting him to be right for Marsh series.
  • In the rehab group: [list of players]
  • [Player] and [Player] watched from the sidelines.

After about 50mins on the park, most of the team went inside. [player] and [player] came out soon after and signed a few autographs. By [time shortly after midday], the ground was empty.

78 Likes

brilliant - and so ends @nackers’ illustrious career as a footy forum training reporter

9 Likes

Best report so far. Blitz on a high!

1 Like

Bullish

2 Likes

[Player] really does have luxurious hair.

6 Likes

[Player] was on the stationary bike for the whole session.
[Player] ran in straight lines and is progressing from his [insert injury]. [insert coach] is hopeful he is ready for round 1.
[Player] mysteriously took off to Ireland, never to be seen again.

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

How did [player] go @The_New_Coleman?

2 Likes

[Player] Has the most luxurious Hair ?

• 6 Joe Daniher
  • 1 Andrew McGrath
  • 17 James Stewart
  • 35 Matt Guelfi
  • 23 Harry Jones
  • 43 Tippa