Training Tuesday 29/7/14

Training at Tullamarine in cool conditions with a strong wind blowing down the ground from the airport end.
Hibberd ran laps and looks unlikely and Joe a bit of running at the end of training. Dempsey suffered some minor discomfort during the session but should be ok.
It was pleasing to see Watson, Bellchambers and Gleeson join in the main training.
Watson didn't do much kicking and was proppy when kicking on his left but he was moving pretty well and looks like he is not too far aware.
Bellchambers and Gleeson both trained strongly and could be ready to resume in the VFL.
The atmosphere at training was excellent - what we are seeing at the moment is very polished and professional sessions and you can see the value of the excellent training facilities making themselves felt. Looking back at the old sessions at Windy Hill some of the humour and lightheartedness has disappeared and I mourn the passing of the kicking into the wheelie bin for instance but the focused concentration of the training here is probably what is needed in the current environment. However a little bit of the fun of past days remains: Bomber was walking off the oval and casually kicked an impossible bouncing goal from the pocket and after he got over his surprise he pumped his fist in the air and shouted "goal" looking straight at me so I took this as an indication that it should be immortalised in my report.
Some of the most interesting training took place on the smaller Clarke Oval (preparation for the SCG?) where the forwards practised their running patterns and leads. It was significant that Carlisle appeared full of confidence and was directing operations very strongly and enthusiastically between Ambrose, Paddy and himself making sure that players were leading in different directions and doubling back for multiple leads.
Many of the defenders were from the VFL side but Fletcher was spending time with them explaining the nuances of the game and training strongly himself with pacy runs and good handball. Particular attention was paid to Edwards who made an exciting run down the ground with five or six handballs in a row. At the same time it was pleasing to see the forwards being urged to pressure the defenders to create a turnover
I left training with the impression that everything is starting to come together for the implementation of Bomber's strategy of a strong finish to the season and I think that the team rates itself a chance to beat Sydney and I do too.

Sent a tingle down my spine  :)

My Doona rose like a circus tent.

Hibberd out for 2 to 3.

Essendon defender Michael Hibberd will miss the next two to three weeks of football after suffering a minor strain to his hamstring.

Scans revealed the strain, suffered by the 24-year-old defender during the round 18 win over the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium.

Club doctor Bruce Reid said the minor nature of the strain allowed Hibberd to play on during the match.

“Michael tightened up in his hamstring against the Bulldogs and unfortunately he has a low hamstring with a minor tear," Reid said.

“Because it is low in the hamstring then it allows him to play on which he did for a quarter before he tightened up.”

“He is probably going to miss two to three weeks.”

Hibbert out for 2 to 3.

Essendon defender Michael Hibberd will miss the next two to three weeks of football after suffering a minor strain to his hamstring.

Scans revealed the strain, suffered by the 24-year-old defender during the round 18 win over the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium.

Club doctor Bruce Reid said the minor nature of the strain allowed Hibberd to play on during the match.

“Michael tightened up in his hamstring against the Bulldogs and unfortunately he has a low hamstring with a minor tear," Reid said.

“Because it is low in the hamstring then it allows him to play on which he did for a quarter before he tightened up.”

“He is probably going to miss two to three weeks.”

Nice one.

Nick off

Sorry, fixed.

Those Pig strangs aren't too sturdy. He seems to do a couple every season. 

Would explain why he was so rubbish in the Dogs game.

On the bright side at least it's twanging now and not in 4 weeks.

How did Hirdy look?

Hibberd - Damn.

does 'playin on' with a slight hammy exasperate the injury?

GET UP THE SWANS

25_biz_kevin.jpg

- Pears used forward and Stein back in match simulation.

BUT DID THEY PLAY ON EACH OTHER?

- Pears used forward and Stein back in match simulation.

BUT DID THEY PLAY ON EACH OTHER?

Nothing beats an old fashioned duel for a spot on the list.

Those Pig strangs aren't too sturdy. He seems to do a couple every season.
Would explain why he was so rubbish in the Dogs game.
On the bright side at least it's twanging now and not in 4 weeks.

Haha I'm not sure his hamstring would have affected his hands and decision making :).. That was purely touch for mine

GET UP THE SWANS

25_biz_kevin.jpg

if your using that picture, does that mean that the swans are going to fail miserably?

Thanks guys. Any sightings of Hams and Kommer?

FWIW I saw Kommer at Flemington last Saturday week !!!!

How's Leroy training? Hear very little on him in these reports.

hes NOT playing against Sydney

never say never. #keepthefaith

Doesn't do anything that stands out. Just gets on with the basic stuff.
Was funny during the match simulation when someone put it out in front of Leroy and he picked it up on the bounce and then you hear Bassett: "You better NOT pass it". Leroy goes on to kick the goal. Feel bad for him as he doesn't have any confidence at all I'm afriad.

FIRST OPTION.