Training Wednesday 17/2/16

Tone has changed significantly, and quickly, in these reports.

Are they noticeably gelling together better?

Yes I think so but they really need to play games against other clubs to gel properly. Eleven new recruits and ten top ups is an unprecedented situation apart from the formation of expansion clubs.

and we all know how they faired in their first year

I can tell how well we trained by how many Likes on Jackie's original post. Lots of Likes today.
Reckon Woosha writes the number of JM's likes from the last training session on the whiteboard before starting the next one?

It’s his main KPI.

I can tell how well we trained by how many Likes on Jackie's original post. Lots of Likes today.
Reckon Woosha writes the number of JM's likes from the last training session on the whiteboard before starting the next one?

I can’t think of a single reason why he wouldn’t.

I've said it before but despite expecting to be belted a few times, we should be a genuinely interesting team to watch. ...

I think it will be interesting to see how the media and (in turn) footy pundits react to our team. it could go a few ways:

1. The media love the pluck and spirit the underdog team is showing - love the young guys being 'livewires' and 'real triers" and love the romance of the Kelly, Jamar and Crowley. We win a few and people get on board and cheer for us.
  2. The media love the pluck and spirit the underdog team is showing - love the young guys being 'livewires' and 'real triers" and love the romance of the Kelly, Jamar and Crowley. People start cheering for us until we win a few.
  3. The media just bag us from the start and remind everybody its all because we are drug cheats
  4. We win a few early games and the media then complain that its unfair that we have the top up players and what an advantage that has given us.
I've said it before but despite expecting to be belted a few times, we should be a genuinely interesting team to watch. ...

I think it will be interesting to see how the media and (in turn) footy pundits react to our team. it could go a few ways:

1. The media love the pluck and spirit the underdog team is showing - love the young guys being 'livewires' and 'real triers" and love the romance of the Kelly, Jamar and Crowley. We win a few and people get on board and cheer for us.
  2. The media love the pluck and spirit the underdog team is showing - love the young guys being 'livewires' and 'real triers" and love the romance of the Kelly, Jamar and Crowley. People start cheering for us until we win a few.
  3. The media just bag us from the start and remind everybody its all because we are drug cheats
  4. We win a few early games and the media then complain that its unfair that we have the top up players and what an advantage that has given us.

You had me until ‘the media’ :smile:

Can some one give me a comparison on the type of player darcy parish is?

the player kav should have been

Expect a good, full on practice match on Friday.

Why do you say to expect an intra club practice match on Friday?

I didn’t see Grima at training but I see Karma has posted a picture of him talking to Doc Reid. Funny caption too…

I’m guessing but today was a lighter session and the closer the start of the season the more likelihood that you will do match practice.

Can some one give me a comparison on the type of player darcy parish is?

the player kav should have been

Mozz risk alert

I’m guessing but today was a lighter session and the closer the start of the season the more likelihood that you will do match practice.

yep it’s a pretty good bet. Friday the week before the first NAB game is almost always an intraclub.

Tone has changed significantly, and quickly, in these reports.

Are they noticeably gelling together better?

Yes I think so but they really need to play games against other clubs to gel properly. Eleven new recruits and ten top ups is an unprecedented situation apart from the formation of expansion clubs.

and we all know how they faired in their first year

February is the best time of year for most footy fans… we still have hope! For some super lucky bastards that hope becomes joy at watching their side march towards a flag…

Serious question

Has cooney completed 1 full session yet?

Serious question

Yes, once in under 9s.

Serious question

For us?

Pretty confident he at least played the full intra club match last Friday. Club website now has him officially off the injury list too.

seriously though, thanks again jackie and karmabomber. Good to see you're back after you slackened off on Monday :)

Keeping innocent men out of gaol on Monday.

Innocent? You must have changed employers.

Pretty confident he at least played the full intra club match last Friday. Club website now has him officially off the injury list too.

The two intra club match simulations so far have each gone for only 3 quarters. I think ■■■■ Dawg has played 2 quarters in the second one. Although he has completed a couple of training sessions in pre season he has seemingly been interrupted by ongoing calf problems so would be unlikely (at this stage) to be a serious possibility for Game 1 .v. Gold Coast.

Can some one give me a comparison on the type of player darcy parish is? Im really intrigued to see him perform in the NAB challenge along with Francis.

Is there any chance Parish will spend time on the ball this season? big YESor will he simply be too small and forced to go to either forwardline or Half back flank? Has he been training with the midfield group?big YES

Was Grima at training?YES

Shane Crawford with some good inside work for his size

Hope this helps CJ

Serious question

Tried desperately to get up for the team photo shoot but had to pull out after bursting a blood vessel whilst attempting a smile.