Travel Thread

Worlds largest collection of Scotch Whisky

3 Likes

Military Tattoo.
These photos really don’t do it justice. Just stunning!!

7 Likes

You mean you just wanted to be served first, right.
(One of the few benefits we vegies get and now you flesh eaters have twigged.)
Should require an affidavit and references before they give the opposition our food!

No, I didn’t care if I was served first or last but I did care the times I got really sick from eating unidentifed ‘meat’ dishes. Never got sick once I changed to vego. Choice was easy. I do sympathise with you legit vegos, it must be annoying have interlopers like me.

No probs, you’re a legit vego when you’re airborne, which is better than most. Just have to work on the ground level options.

1 Like

Where’s the chili sauce for the haggis bonbon?

Off to the side in a little dish. My wife wouldn’t eat the Haggis so I gladly obliged.
I actually don’t mind it

1 Like

JAL or ANA for domestic flights?

I need checked luggage.

Not sure the checked luggage policies but I consider ANA the better airline. JAL is fine though.

1 Like

Both are fine. Are you a member of any FF program?

Asia Miles. I know JAL is a member but I don’t think it covers domestic.

So no Qantas FF?

No. I’m a Cathay flyer.

Always veg in India, plus Travelan for extra insurance.

Cathay is a member of the Oneworld Alliance as is Qantas, JAL and several others so if you have any status with Cathay the benefits are reciprocated amongst fellow members and points can be earnt. For me being a Qantas Platinum I’d get heaps of perks like lounge access, extra baggage limits, priority boarding etc so would always choose JAL.
ANA belongs to Star Alliance and I don’t have status with them so would not receive any of the perks.

1 Like

Anyone have any experience doing a long, van based road trip in Oz?

I need to ■■■■ off for a while. I have 2 months annual leave accrued and considering a leisurely, no frills crawl up the East coast for at least part of that.

Don’t be one of those drivers who don’t pull over at overtaking lanes :rofl:

1 Like

Ha! In to the bin with those farkers.

I skipped it when i had the chance in 1978, but i daresay the contents are no more horrifying than what goes in a lot of fast foods…and there’s a reason sausages are called mystery bags.

I eat sausages, hot dogs, meat pies, mettwurst, Black pudding etc so I don’t really have a fear of what’s in Haggis. As long as it doesn’t involve any seafood I’m fine