Travel Thread

I was watching TokyoTV during prime time and they had some sort of adventure crew who went and looked at housing out in the country but again not too far from a big city and they had to guess the pricing. Going by the faces they were cheap! Good thing I can read the numbers.

Saying that though even on the train trip out to Fuji I got bored and was looking up property at each station. Stand alone property, 30 minutes out from Shinjuku, two stories, 3 bedroom, under 200k aud!

1 Like

Australians have generally forgotten how long the housing boom has continued for & housing affordability on an international comparison basis. Travel thread, so I donā€™t want to clog it up with property discussion, however, yes, you are right, you can easily pick up housing stock here not far from major cities for 1/2 Melbourneā€™s median. More if you head out into rural areas. You can pick up a joint in Okutama (technically part of Tokyo) for that price you listed. Surrounded by rivers, mountains, temples, etc & less than an hour into central Shinjuku. 1/4 the price of a joint in say Upper FTG.

1 Like

Anyone watching the news from Paris? Seeing the Notre Dame on fire and collapsing is heartbreaking. Beautiful Cathedral.

1 Like

Hanoi footy vs tin rattlers who be in Hanoi

Yeah, Biwa has plenty of family camping grounds up both sides and friends of ours go every summer so we thought weā€™d give it a try. Itā€™ll still be a bit cold for swimming though. The only time weā€™ve stayed on the lake before is when we got an awesome deal on a plush hotel room with views.

Ah, yes, you mentioned that holiday traffic chaos. Our timing was fortunate, apparently.

Impeccable timing, mate, especially weather wise. After you all left, the weather turned to sheet. Was under 10 degrees for most of last week with plenty of rain. Beautiful this week & 20s.

1 Like

Actually, I can :sunglasses:

So, finally Qantas got their plane working, 11h to PEK, breezed through immigration, subway into town and at the Guangxi Hotel a bit after an hour from landing.

Take a cab you chicken!
Nothing like belting along at 140km/hr whilst the driver is simultaneously talking on a hand held mobile and having a dart only to stop both to hock up a loogie every 5 minutes :grinning:

1 Like

When was the last time you were in Beijing traffic? It is at a standstill most of the time.

I was impressed with a previous cab driver who got around the stalled traffic, doing over 120kmh with only the right hand set of wheels on the freeway.

1 Like

About 8 months ago we got in after midnight so that definitely helped.

Anyone been to Mauritius? Heading there for work soon.

Stunning. Our hotel was a few blocks away when we stayed there so wifey and I would sit across the river in the evenings and take in the view.

Such a shameā€¦

1 Like

Donā€™t think I seen him , some how Iā€™ve managed to leg it home once sun goes down beer street time

1 Like

Your gonna love beer st. I hope the cops come while your there, you will know what I mean if it happens :sunglasses:

Looking at the footy, I think we should stay in Japan, cos its workingā€¦

3 Likes

Hoian put 100 Bia in fridge I on my way :slightly_smiling_face:

Cops were there last night for a bit and had to sit inside lol

1 Like

Thats the one. Cracks me up everytime. Once we were actually locked inside the bar, it was truly awesome.