Travel Thread

Has anyone tried to get tickets to the football matches in Italy? I am going to the San Siro and Milan are playing that night so I went on the website to see if I can get them, but no games come up.

Well I can only comment on what we did across a 6 week trip:

Flew into Mex City.

In Mex city used the Metro & taxis & did a couple of day tours organised through the hotel. 

Flew to Guatemala City.

Stayed in Antigua.

Did a few side trips organised through local agents (e.g. to Lake Atitlan, Chichicastenango, Day of Dead kites festival at Santiago Sacetepecuez). 

Bus to Tikal.

Flight to Cancun (good transport hub, but get the hell out).

In Yucatan stayed in Playa del Carmel, Valladolid and Merida using local buses to get between.

Flight to Havana.

Stayed Havana, Trinidad, Santa Clara?, Vinales using tourist & local buses.

So yeah,bottom line - if you have the time it is easy to organise things while you are there either through local agents or using public transport.  Public transport can mean anything from chicken buses to luxury coaches aimed at tourists depending on the route & the depth of your pockets. 

What you mean by this bit?

WHO WANTS TO GO TO CANADA TO SKI?

My trip to the USA is going well!

Got a "job" at a hostel in San Diego right on Pacific Beach which is hella awsome.

Haven't really been to visit many places but the summer and the beach in SD has been amazing.

Quick q - later in the year I'm going to go to Vegas to visit the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon. For those that have been how many days would you need for each? 1 for the Hoover Dam and 1 for each rim of the Canyon?

One day each, unless you do a flight to the GC and fly over the hoover dam. Then you save effort, and get a day back.

VEGAS!

Odds are I will drive from San Diego with some peeps.

I'm driving to San Fran mid-Nov for 4-5 days then I'll go to Vegas some time before xmas.

Teed up to stay with a girl on a Costa Rican beach for New Years which should be pretty sweet!

How does one just tee this up?  I thought we had to get them drunk first?

Flew into Mex City.

In Mex city used the Metro & taxis & did a couple of day tours organised through the hotel. 

Flew to Guatemala City.

Stayed in Antigua.

Did a few side trips organised through local agents (e.g. to Lake Atitlan, Chichicastenango, Day of Dead kites festival at Santiago Sacetepecuez). 

Bus to Tikal.

In Yucatan stayed in Playa del Carmel, Valladolid and Merida using local buses to get between.

Flight to Havana.

So yeah,bottom line - if you have the time it is easy to organise things while you are there either through local agents or using public transport.  Public transport can mean anything from chicken buses to luxury coaches aimed at tourists depending on the route & the depth of your pockets. 

I mean, who the hell wants to go to an artificial, over-developed resort town full over overweight, under-dressed, over-hyped Americans on spring break?   Even the Mexican food is a facsimile of an American facsimile of Mexican food.

If I wanted to explore that particular circle of hell, I'd go to the Gold Coast during schoolies week.  It would be cheaper to get to at least...

On the other hand, Cancun has good transport connections.

Got a "job" at a hostel in San Diego right on Pacific Beach which is hella awsome.

Haven't really been to visit many places but the summer and the beach in SD has been amazing.

Quick q - later in the year I'm going to go to Vegas to visit the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon. For those that have been how many days would you need for each? 1 for the Hoover Dam and 1 for each rim of the Canyon?

Hoover dam is only a days visit, the Canyon is a different story. I only went to the south rim and that was a long day but I rode the bus there, still had a great time though. The low- light of the trip was some old guy nearly fell over the edge.

One day each, unless you do a flight to the GC and fly over the hoover dam. Then you save effort, and get a day back.

VEGAS!

Yep, this is a must but the Freemont st end is where it's at, much cheaper than the new end

Flew into Mex City.

Flew to Guatemala City.

Stayed in Antigua.

Bus to Tikal.

Flight to Havana.

I mean, who the hell wants to go to an artificial, over-developed resort town full over overweight, under-dressed, over-hyped Americans on spring break?   Even the Mexican food is a facsimile of an American facsimile of Mexican food.

If I wanted to explore that particular circle of hell, I'd go to the Gold Coast during schoolies week.  It would be cheaper to get to at least...

Well I'm going in November and that sounds perfect.

Flew into Mex City.

Flew to Guatemala City.

Stayed in Antigua.

Bus to Tikal.

Flight to Havana.

Everyone seems to be talking about Playa del Carmen now...not far from Cancun, but probably getting overdone now too.

Flew into Mex City.

Flew to Guatemala City.

Stayed in Antigua.

Bus to Tikal.

Flight to Havana.

Everyone seems to be talking about Playa del Carmen now...not far from Cancun, but probably getting overdone now too.

Stayed in Playa del Carmen, albeit 10+ years ago.  It was heavily touristed but mostly families & low rise.  Sorta Noosa to Cancun's Surfers. 

Walking through the middle of Seoul and came across several shops selling face care products. There is a huge range of PSY skin care products for men!! All embossed with his face, sunglasses and gelled up hair,… No choice, had to buy the ultra-strong hold hair wax!!

Walking through the middle of Seoul and came across several shops selling face care products. There is a huge range of PSY skin care products for men!! All embossed with his face, sunglasses and gelled up hair,... No choice, had to buy the ultra-strong hold hair wax!!

im sure itll suit you.

hows the food?

Walking through the middle of Seoul and came across several shops selling face care products. There is a huge range of PSY skin care products for men!! All embossed with his face, sunglasses and gelled up hair,… No choice, had to buy the ultra-strong hold hair wax!!

im sure itll suit you.

hows the food?

Food fantastic. Cooked food that is… Avoided the live octopus. They also have these curved J tubes that they fill with ice cream and eat from both ends. Trouble is when it fills and comes out the tip it kind of looks like something i wouldn’t want to put my mouth around…

Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Walking through the middle of Seoul and came across several shops selling face care products. There is a huge range of PSY skin care products for men!! All embossed with his face, sunglasses and gelled up hair,... No choice, had to buy the ultra-strong hold hair wax!!

im sure itll suit you.
hows the food?

Food fantastic. Cooked food that is... Avoided the live octopus. They also have these curved J tubes that they fill with ice cream and eat from both ends. Trouble is when it fills and comes out the tip it kind of looks like something i wouldn't want to put my mouth around....
Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Korean icecream, wrong on so many levels...

im sure itll suit you.
hows the food?

Food fantastic. Cooked food that is... Avoided the live octopus. They also have these curved J tubes that they fill with ice cream and eat from both ends. Trouble is when it fills and comes out the tip it kind of looks like something i wouldn't want to put my mouth around....

Those are the ones... Worse when the school kids eat them...

I saw those in Insadong, there was also this street food stall that sold these bread things that were shaped like poop with a red bean filling... or at least I hope it was red bean. Definitely some weird food in Seoul!

im sure itll suit you.
hows the food?

showed the mrs, shes already asked where to get them in Melbourne...not sure i want my wife walking around town eating one of those bad boys.

im sure itll suit you.
hows the food?
showed the mrs, shes already asked where to get them in Melbourne...not sure i want my wife walking around town eating one of those bad boys.
Looks to me like you'd want to cup the bottom end to keep it from spilling out
And I think you'd want to move the other hand around a bit, to stop it melting the ice cream.

Can someone tell the Asian countries that 25 degrees, humidity near 100% is hot?? Sick of airports without airconditioning. Changi excepted of course.

Can someone tell the Asian countries that 25 degrees, humidity near 100% is hot?? Sick of airports without airconditioning. Changi excepted of course.

shouldve just sucked back a few of those dodgy ice creams, woulda kept you real cool.