Travel Thread

You’re so gross, Noonan.

1 Like

Contrary to common belief, Japan can be done on the cheap with a bit of forward planning. Tons of cheap accommodation in the big cities now and an unbelievable range of food options at various price points. Biggest cost would be travelling domestically throughout the country, however, the Japan Rail Pass offers crazy value if you wish to travel extensively throughout Japan for a few weeks or so…

NB: I am coming up to 15 years here shortly, so could be biased.

2 Likes

Did it come with hot chips?

2 Likes

Have they got good accom options for a single male?
thats prob the clincher, having to pay doubles rates

Smell is almost worse than the taste

Coffee isn’t that dehydrating. You take more fluid in than you lose.

Your poor husband. You must be a nightmare to live with.

8 Likes

Tried their chilli fried ants yet? Luverly with sticky rice…

You could stay in one if those capsule hotels.

1 Like

Still waiting for these pics.
All Blitzers love spiders, right :thinking:

1 Like

Plenty of cheap accommodation options…from guesthouses with private rooms catered to singles (for short term stays like a few weeks - few months) to capsule hotels for a night on the town when you just need a cheap place to crash. No need to pay doubles rates anywhere. You can also have a look at cheap AirBnB options as well as you travel around. Spoilt for choice, but as I said, you need to do some forward planning.

i like pics I say post away.

That’s up to @theDJR to flirt with the BAN Hammer.
He’s got a few credits in the bank though.

Not the greatest photo technically, but the grin makes up for that…

6 Likes

Did you eat it?

Not that one, but shared a fried one of the same kind. Legs are just of sliver of meat under the frying, but the abdomen is a much bigger chunk of reality. A bit mealy.

Same! I fell madly in love with all three in 2006. Architecture, food, vibe, bars - all deliver in spades. Dying to get back there and take my wife someday.

Saw them all in September. Agree wholeheartedly.

Krakow and Warsaw are pretty good too. Love me a pierogi.

Yep. Loved Krakow. Didn’t get to Warsaw unfortunately.

I often listen to the Condé Nast Traveler podcast. They recently had Bratislava as one of their must visit places for 2018. Another great and often overlooked city for those doing the Czech-Hungary-Poland area. You only need a couple of days and it has all that those aforementioned cities offer on a smaller scale.